White Corners in 1A & 1 AA

foolsballnut

Im doing a write up for a forum on Scout.Com and I need a resource (if ones out there) that might give me some approximate numbers on how many colleges signed white corners to a LOI in both 1A & 1 AA. Thanks Edited by: foolsballnut

jared

Mentor
I only know of 2 semi for sure corners recruited in Div 1A. Drew Cole of Auburn and Jack Swanson of Iowa.

foolsballnut

Thanks.. any info on 1 AA? Ive got the Ivy's covered but outside that I know only of Josh Anderson to Presbyterian College.

jared

Mentor
Allegedly he was recruited as a corner. Time will tell but I wouldn't hold my breath on Auburn making good on their promise. Auburn does not specify between S and CB on their online roster. Everyone is listed as DB.

whiteCB

Master
foolsballnut said:
Im doing a write up for a forum on Scout.Com and I need a resource (if ones out there) that might give me some approximate numbers on how many colleges signed white corners to a LOI in both 1A & 1 AA. Thanks

You should also compare the percentage of white high school CBs who are then "somehow" recruited only as safeties and compare that to the percentage of high school black CBs who are not "mysteriously" converted to safety at the college level. That statistic right there should show you the stigma of schools having a white cornerback. College football recruiters look at a white kid at CB and automatically think safety of bulk them up to outside linebacker. I've seen it happen WAY to many times!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's really a three pronged argument. You compare quality of the athletic measureables from combine drills (which whites do fine in overall), productivity against similar level of competition and game tape of skill players. After comparing, you will see that there are loads of mediocre black prospects with scholarships and loads of elite phenomenally talented whites with no offers at all. When RB Brad Rogers has more offers than RB Mike Trumpy when Mike Trumpy blows him away in all three categories in addition to size you know we are in dire times of an utter caste system with no end in sight!
smiley11.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Micah Fisher dominated at his Nike Combine, and is allegedly the most coveted of football players... a corner who is over 6-feet tall. Micah stands at 6-1 and runs a 4.5, yet didn't receive a single Division One scholarship offer.

he ended up signing with Nebraska of Omaha.
smiley18.gif