Where’s Drew Brees??....

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This has really PO'ed me. In the promos for next Monday's NFL Game we are told, "it's Adrian Peterson of the Vikings versus Reggie Bush of the Saints."

Did something happen to Drew? Did he leave the NFL and is sailing around the world right now?

Really, minus Drew Brees, the Saints wouldn't even have a chance of attaining a respectable season. Drew is the #1 QB in the league right now!!

If he was a darker shade, would he have been missing from the promo?? DUMB ME, we already know the answer!

A black Drew Brees would be treated like royalty. Gotta love the Caste media... Shame on them!!

We've discussed this media-technique before, but this is really criminal.

Poacher

Mentor
Yeah Brees may as well be the invisible man when it comes to the media.

I remember a couple of years ago when Saban chose Daunte Culpepper over Brees for Miami citing Drew's "shoulder problem." That worked out well for Miami. Pffft.

I also remember the '99 draft when everyone was oooing and ahhing over messiah Vick and downgrading Brees. Vick of course was picked ahead of Brees and went on to infamy. Drew on the other hand has gone on to put together a very respectable NFL career. Would love to see him in a SB someday.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
While sitting next to the guys that he broadcasts the game with (I believe they showed the promo that omited Drew before they started talking), Ron Jaworski just said "Don't forget Drew" -- and he went on to explain how good Drew has been so far this season and that he has a 70% completion percentage.

He also said that Drew Brees airing-it-out would determine the outcome of this game.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Drew was spotted in London!
smiley17.gif

Drew Brees threw 3 TD passes and the Saints' won. Reggie Bush was out with injury, and the Saints' won.

No matter how many media members wanted to deny it, Drew IS the Saints' and their only hope of attaining respectability. Thanks Drew! You are a TD machine!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

This is an old thread.., & a sentiment, I would've agreed with earlier in Brees' career.. But lately I'm seeing Brees a lot off the field. I'm happy for the guy. He's had a Vicks endorsement, Tide, Nyquil.. I think he's helping Favre sell Wranglers. And recently I've seen him selling some kinda' NFL cable or satellite package (?)

Brees seems like a legit good, honest man.. & I think the charitable work he's done has endeared him to the hapless denizens of the Crescent (turned Chocolate) City. Companies are probably banking that Brees has crossover appeal for both Black & White consumers.
For me it's refreshing to see a clean cut good guy get some love from corporate America.. The question now is: Where's Eli Manning, Rivers, Brady ? Guys who have performed @ a high level for several seasons, but are virtually invisible in Sunday commercials (?)

davidholly

Mentor
Brady's endorsements are more low key. I think I also read that he prefers his endorsement money to be in stock options. For his deal with Under Armor they gave him an undisclosed stake in the company.