Trevor Barsamian-RB-2010

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
YES!!! Awesome Highlights! Now that's how you play football!

I love it. I sure hopes he gets the opportunity to play Tail Back in college & not switched to blocking fullback. I keep thinking "What Could have been" with Mike Alstott. I truly believe if Alstott was lined up BEHIND a fullback & given 20-25 carries a game the way the black tailbacks are given, Alstott would have been the greatest running back ever.

I like this kids style. Great Post. I'm having a hard time finding much else of this kid on the internet.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
A 4.9 40 is slow. I know "fullback" LeRon McLain had almost 1,000 yards rushing last year in the NFL and runs a 4.88 and Brandon McAnderson had 1,000 yards at Kansas and ran a 4.91 or something. However, tailbacks who can't crack 4.9 in the 40 in the FBS are very rare. Gartrell Johnson ran a 4.75 this Combine and was drafted in the 4th round though...so hopefully this kid can take 0.2 seconds off his 40 time and be a good powerback.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW, I'm in no way saying that I could currently run a 4.9 40-that's fast compared to your average Joe. I was timed in H.S at 5.27 when I played JV soccer as a sophomore (I hurt my neck badly that year roughhousing and then quit soccer). However, I hadn't put much effort into weightlifting at the time and now in the last few years I haven't been doing weights again either.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just watched this kids highlights and that is some brute power right there- he also looks like he'd bring a solid 5-10 yard burst to the next level and slides to find the seam in the o-line very well. Maybe another Gartrell Johnson? Hopefully he can shave some time off that 40.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I totally understand Tough. I only played football through 10th grade and my fastest 40 that year was 4.95. I am pretty sure Trevor's time was recorded when he was a sophomore, but it could have been just before his junior season. Either way, I agree that he needs to get a little faster before he will even be considered for a FBS running back spot. If he doesn't he'll either be a FB or an LB for a small school. I wish him the best this season and I hope he does get faster and gets to tote the rock somewhere.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Doc Holliday said:
I keep thinking "What Could have been" with Mike Alstott. I truly believe if Alstott was lined up BEHIND a fullback & given 20-25 carries a game the way the black tailbacks are given, Alstott would have been the greatest running back ever.

I like this kids style. Great Post. I'm having a hard time finding much else of this kid on the internet.

I agree, Alstott would be a top 10 all time RB if he was used correctly.
He ran for 3.9 YPC in his career until his neck injury etc. brought it down to 3.8 in his last couple years. However, consider he had no Fullback lead blocking for him and he was used mostly in the 4th quarter- to protect a lead when the D knew he was running or often in 3rd and short. Also, he had Shaun King as his QB in his prime and a very weak offense to keep the D honest. King was a "game manager" at best- he should have been a solid backup, not a starter. Teams would often put 8 men in the box to stop A-train and Warrick Dunn.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I totally understand Tough. I only played football through 10th grade and my fastest 40 that year was 4.95. I am pretty sure Trevor's time was recorded when he was a sophomore, but it could have been just before his junior season. Either way, I agree that he needs to get a little faster before he will even be considered for a FBS running back spot. If he doesn't he'll either be a FB or an LB for a small school. I wish him the best this season and I hope he does get faster and gets to tote the rock somewhere. 

Yeah, I think most blacks (not all) would probably be moved to fullback as well- even with Trevor's game tape- with a 40 time like that for the major FBS teams. Trevor has a big frame as well. His H.S season stats were pretty good, but by no means spectacular.

But if he was black- he might be given the opportunity to shave some time off his 40 and become either a running "fullback" or power tailback for one of the 120 FBS teams.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
green fire317, I played mostly DT in high school, but was also LG on offense, right gunner on the punt team and was on the kickoff team for a while. I was the fastest lineman on the team and loved to hit. In junior high I played a lot of positions, WR/CB, and C/DE. I had more fun at DE because I could see more of what was going on and move toward the ball carrier easier than at DT.

whiteCB

Master
green fire317 said:
what positions did u guys play in hs?

Well judging by my forum name I don't think it would be too hard to take a guess at my position...
smiley2.gif

green fire317 said:
what positions did u guys play in hs?

Well, I got kicked off the football team in high school for fighting. During hell week no less...LOL...Black dudes & a Mexican dude didn't like me because I was white, had long hair, & listened to country music & heavy metal...They started running their mouths & we fought in the locker room after practice, I won, I got kicked off the team... LOL...

So I stuck with hockey. I played hockey for about 9 years. Both Roller & Ice hockey...But always loved football the most, wish things would have been different but am glad I stuck my ground.

ToughJ.Riggins,

I forgot Shaun King was the QB for a while. Good Point. Defenses didn't even have to worry about the pass. Just line up 8 & attack the running game. Good Point!!!

Alstott was a beast. John Riggins was too. The year Riggins won the Super Bowl for the Redskins(82 season) he rushed for over 100yds in all 4 playoff games. That's awesome.

Playoff game #1. Wash 31 Detroit 7 Riggins 119yds

Playoff game #2. Wash 21 Minnesota 7 Riggins 185yds 1td

Playoff game #3. Wash 31 Dallas 17 Riggins 140yds 2tds

Super BowlWash 27 Miami 17 Riggins 166yds 1td & SB MVP!!!Edited by: Doc Holliday