Top 10 "Manliest" Wrasslers of All-Time

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is a funny list, Dixie! I enjoyed reading it though. I really liked the part where they said Mid-South wrestling fans probably don't watch wrestling anymore. That's true in my case and a lot of other folks I know who used to watch Memphis Rasslin'.

hawkeye

Guru
I grew up as one also, but don't watch anymore. Wasn't Bruiser Brody the guy who got stabbed to death.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Frank Goodish (aka Bruiser/King Kong Brody) was one of the toughest guys outside the ring. He was an all-state football & hoops player in Michigan & played college football at West TX State* (now West TX A&M) & the NFL before becoming a pro wrassler. * = Other "wrasslers" like Tully Blanchard, Ted DiBiase, Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk, Tito Santana, Dusty Rhodes & Stan "The Lariat" Hansen also attended WTSU.

Brody was a legit hard@$$ who was known for KO power (in the locker room). He was a true rebel who operated by his own rules in the wrestling business. That may have contributed to his murder by mestizo Jose Gonzalez (Invader 1). Gonzalez claimed self defense, but it was likely he (& buddy Carlos Colon) thought Brody was planning to take control of the WWC promotion. After a Puerto Rican jury acquitted Gonzalez, many American wrestlers (including Mick Foley..aka Cactus Jack, Mankind, etc.) refused to work in Puerto Rico. That crippled the wrestling business in Puerto Rico for a while.

Brody was also a very articulate gentleman as well...

"Bruiser Brody" interview (out of character)

Edited by: DixieDestroyer