Time to boycott Rivals

White Power

Mentor
I periodically go on rivals to look for white talent at the skill positions, but today was the final straw they now have Sausan Shakerin listed as a fullback on their recruting threads. I guess they finally looked up his name and saw that he was a white player oh no what are we doing the caste Gods will frown upon us we must put him in his proper position fullback. I say rivals is the main reason why white players aren't given a fair shot they worship at the alter of all the thug fatherless, ghetto athletes that really don't give a damn about them or any body else. They play into the hands of the media with this idiotic B. S. and the stupid people can't see through this crap like we can. Rivals you have kept your own kind down for too long you are now I beleive the enemy of the white athlete so you must be banned at least by me. What can we do to try and change the perception of the white athlete when one web sites does so much to undermine them at every move. I ask how can this beast be nuetralized as to limit the harm it causes white athletes. I really feel this is a major problem for white athletes in how they get pass all the stupid and very untrue sterotypes.

Riddlewire

Master
I share your angst, but the situation will only get worse. With the Yahoo money behind them now, Rivals will not only overpower and kill off Scout, they will become THE major national factor in all high school recruiting areas. I wouldn't be surprised if they become so powerful, they start their own television network.

White Power

Mentor
Their in lies the problem we need some one with money that shares our passion for fair treatment of the white athlete to step forward and help us in our cause.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah I'm afraid that Rivals will indeed become the "ultimate" recruiting service where everyone turns to them for recruiting info. I could easily see them on espn because after all they are the espn of online recruiting. It really doesn't matter if everyone on this site boycotts them because they won't be stopped now that they're getting major corporate sponsorship i.e. Yahoo. It sucks but they will own high school recruiting like it or not.

SteveB

Mentor
I am not going to boycott them. Someone has to monitor their BS and point out their bias.

The (white) midget pederast who writes for Rivals' Michigan high school site recently proclaimed that East Grand Rapids' junior tailback is just a product of the system, whereas Kevin Grady set all kinds of state records at the same school not because of the system, but by talent.

Fast forward to the state championship game and this Glendaring kid is putting it to the black athletes from Orchard Lake St. Mary's, and the (black) color commentator, Stanley Edwards, Braylon's dad, is propping him hugely. When Glendaring's only offer is from Grand Valley next year, all we need to do is re-listen to Edwards' comments of what a legit prospect he is, and know the college coaches' real agenda.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Austin Johnson (Tennessee commit)

AUSTINJOHNSON10_6150.JPG

Fullback ???
Hickory (NC) Hickory

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 235 lbs
Forty: 4.65 secs
GPA: 3.9
Class: 2008 (High School)
[url]http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=57712&Sp ort=1[/url]

This is interesting for a few reasons. He was listed as an Inside Linebacker until they just changed it recently.

(Note: He has been a Tennessee commit for a long time.)

Well, they have a commitment from another (White) guy. One that has been listed as a Fullback from the beginning.

Ben Bartholomew

BENBARTHOLOMEW3_12200.JPG

Nashville (TN) Montgomery Bell Academy

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 225 lbs
Class: 2008 (High School)
[url]http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key =59863&Sport=1[/url]

He has been a Tennessee commit for some time as well.

Would Tennessee use 2 scholarships to acquire 2 White "Fullback's"??

On the Rivals Top Fullback's list, Ben is number 6 and Austin is number 9.

[url]http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=182 2[/url]

According to Rivals, the Top 5 Fullback's are black. Is this good or bad? Any chance of them blocking for someone with melanin deficiency?!?

smiley24.gif
smiley24.gif
smiley24.gif
smiley24.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
is it yet another Bartholomew's family talent about to watse away on Vols team?