Tim Silvia vs Pride heavies

freedom1

Mentor
Besides Filipovic, Nogueira and Fedor Emelianenko, what other Pride heavyweights do you think could defeat Tim Silvia?

Poacher

Mentor
Josh Barnett would beat him so would Fedor's brother Alex.

There are others that I would give a 50/50 chance.

Khartinov(sp)
Hunt
Fujita
Nastula

And it's not that I don't have any respect for Tim. I just think that man-for-man Pride has a deeper talent pool than UFC...especially at HW.

Triad

Mentor
The experts predicted Arlovski would kill him in their rematch but someone forgot to tell Sylvia (twice). His style is ugly but he's hard to beat and you'll never know until they fight. I would put money on Fedor only. Cro-Cop is either feast or famine, you never know how he'll fight.

WPWW

I HATE Sylvia's style.

But he'd be tough to beat by just about all those named. I think Fedor and CroCop would prevail, but even they'd have a helluva time. Arlovski was once considered heir apparent but Tim knocked that idea right out of our heads.

I'd like to see Hunt and Sylvia though. Hunt would get tooled, but it would be an interesting fight.

freedom1

Mentor
Silvia won a decision against Assuerio Silva. Silva lost a close fight (split decision) to Aleksander Emelianenko. If AE fought Silvia, it would probably be close.

I think Crocop would take out Silvia's legs with low kicks.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fedor is the truth. Watching Sylvia do footwork training was like watching the uncoordinated big guy trying out for the highschool baskeball team. But the dude is tough, I just think Fedor is in another class.