Tight Ends -- 2012

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deadlift heres a good story on Kent Taylor. He already has 23 offers!!

<DIV =line>
<H1 =h2>Watch List TE Kent Taylor's top five</H1>
<DIV =sub>
<UL>
<LI =first>Email </LI>
<LI>Print </LI>
<LI>Comments7 </LI>[/list]

jQuery.getScriptCache('http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/c/?js=espn.tools.r4.js', function() {
espn.core.init.tools('6167623','http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6167623');
});

<CITE =source> By Corey Long
ESPN Recruiting
Archive </CITE>

After spending a few weeks visiting many of the campuses around Florida, tight end Kent Taylor (Land O'Lakes, Fla./Land O'Lakes) made his way out to a practice with his Tampa, Fla., based team for the upcoming Badger Sports 7-on-7 tournament.

And right away the 6-foot-4, 225-pounder put on an impressive display of route running and pass catching.

"I know I'm just getting out here but I wasn't hiding man, after all, I've got 23 offers," Taylor joked.

His current top group includes Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State and Miami. The three in-state powers offered Taylor when he made on-campus visits for their respective junior days.

Alabama and LSU just offered last week and have Taylor intrigued.

"Those two are the elite programs of the SEC," Taylor said. "Whenever Alabama and LSU are interested you definitely want to check out what they have to offer."

Taylor also enjoyed his visits to the three in-state schools.

"They are three very nice campuses," Taylor said. "Florida is extremely rich so they have a lot of nice stuff. FSU's campus is beautiful because it's all brick and Miami is just 'The U.' Nothing else needs to be said."

Taylor is also excited about the way each program utilizes the tight end.

"Charlie Weis at Florida loves the tight end and Florida State is going to use the tight end more," said Taylor. "Their tight end coach is also the offensive coordinator so all of the state schools are using the position more."

And then there's Miami.

"I like Miami obviously, it's tight end U," Taylor said. "Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey all played there. And Coach [Al] Golden played tight end at Penn State."

Taylor is a tight end prospect who plays a lot like a big wide receiver, but just because he looks natural catching the ball doesn't mean he's afraid to get his hands a little dirty.

"They say I'm good because I spread the field but I can also line up and block and I can also run routes from a three-point stance," said Taylor.

He plans a busy offseason that includes the 7-on-7 tournament on March 12 and then visits to Alabama and LSU for spring practices.

Taylor says he will also visit FSU and Miami for spring practices as well and most likely will attend Florida's Orange and Blue spring game.

Corey Long has been covering high school football and recruiting in the Sunshine State since 1995. He can be reached at coreyespn@gmail.com.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
--GA Tech offered Kent Taylor a scholie as a wideout..

--Dakota Jackson is currently a verbal to VA Tech.

--Zach Gordon was recently offered by South Florida.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow South Florida offering a white receiver? Maybe things are looking up. Paul Johnson finally does something I approve of in offering the athletic Kent as a WR! Good news that Virginia Tech is looking for its next "Danny Coale"
smiley2.gif