the best "white RB/Safety" yet?

wickedgame

...howdy all...first time poster, months of lurking...wanted to share a "hidden gem" of a hs football athlete that ive recently come across that ive seen no mention of anywhere(surprisingly, not even here?)

let me tell you just abit about who i speak of: he's a fine young man(in all aspects of life), that is a sr this yr,whose virtuallyentirely off theradar of fbs football recruiting -- no player profiles/presence on any sort of national recruiting site; ie rivals/scout/espn/berecruited, etc...zero fbs or even fcs football offers to date...

...im not suggesting this kid is destined for any kind of fbs football greatness, nor am i convinced he's a fbscant miss...i wont even say he is in the top tier for this year of skill position athletes(RB/Safety), that fall intothe pigmentally challenged variety...

...but i alsocant shake the thought thatheWON'T become somethingclose to oneor all of the above..."fbs greatness", "fbs cant miss", "top tier"...at some position on the fbs levelat a non elite fbsschool(RB/FB/Safety/LB)...as he definitely possessesvery good FBS size/strength/decent speedto size ratioalready -- to go along with an intense work ethic and apparent natural football "instincts"

...what iwill say is this young man im linking belowis one "pretty fly for a white guy" footballskill/caste position athlete...whose overall "body of work" is off the charts(sheer football hs careerstat production), regardless of white/black/yellow/red/green/purple -- skin color

...considering this kid still will play a couple/few more games...very few hs football players have accomplished, career stat/production wise (regardless of level of competition), what this young man has done --when youjudge his insane production onBOTH sides of the ball and ST...and whatmakesthis an even sweeter"story" is hewill be graduating as valedictorian of his class and if fbs football offers never materialize, he already has some D2/3 baseball full rides (ie; not just a one sport "star")

so...after yall read the below "player bio" doc im posting...to include his jr year highlights for those interested...note: he has "upped his game" for his sr yr -- slightly bigger, faster, stronger --so rest assured his stellar work ethic has him looking/producing even better this year than what is shown in the jr yr highlights -- also, he chipped his ankle bone in preseason and isplaying on a slight fracture of sorts this yr yet continues to amaze)...please provide your feedback..."the good, the bad, the ugly"...but i personally feel he is one exciting cat!

caveat: he plays in "small ball" missouri (2A w/ 3A non league opponents) - so its obvious his level of comp isnt impressive nor ishe dominating the equal of "friday night lights TX 5A" -- but theres been thousands upon thousands of small ballfootballers, throughout the nation, over the lastdozen of years and im guessing few to none have exceeded this kids overall varsity career production...

Gents, i introduce to you, mr Caleb Schaffitzel, of Fair Grove HS, MO

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">CALEB SCHAFFITZEL #29[/B]
Graduate â€" May of 2010<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Height â€" 6'0" Weight â€" 205 Birth Date â€" 10-23-91 GPA â€" 4.0<O:p></O:p>
Bench â€" 280 Squat â€" 500 Clean â€" 325 ACT â€" 22<O:p></O:p>
40 Time â€" 4.52 (Consistently runs times in the 4.5's) Class Rank â€" 1<SUP>st</SUP><O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">2008 â€" JUNIOR YEAR - 14 Games[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">:<O:p></O:p>[/B]
Strong Safety<O:p></O:p>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All Conference DB and Conference Defensive Player of the Year (unanimous) <O:p></O:p>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All District DB and District Defensive Player of the Year (unanimous)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">(You can only be All-State on one side of the ball in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:STATE w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Missouri</ST1:pLACE></ST1:STATE>"¦see below)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
Defensive Stats:<O:p></O:p>
114 Total Tackles, 2 Sacks, 2 Tackles for Loss, 1 Hurry, 17 Pass Break-ups, 3 Caused Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery, 3 Interceptions, 2 Blocked Kicks<O:p></O:p>
Running Back<O:p></O:p>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All Conference RB and Conference Offensive Player of the Year (unanimous)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All District RB and District Offensive Player of the Year (unanimous)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All Ozarks RB (Media All Area <ST1:pLACE w:st="on">SW Missouri</ST1:pLACE> All Classes 1A-6A)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">1<SUP>st</SUP> Team All State RB (Associated Press and Coaches Association) (unanimous)<O:p></O:p>[/I]
Offensive Stats:
263 carries for 2759 yards rushing and 45 TD's (10.49 yards per carry) (197.07 yards rushing per game)
15 catches for 277 yards receiving and 6 TD's (18.47 yards per catch) (19.79 yards receiving per game)
3036 Total Yards of Offense and 51 TD's (216.86 total yards per game)
2 KO Returns for TD's
53 Total Touchdowns on the year<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">2009 â€" SENIOR YEAR - 10 Games:<O:p></O:p>[/B]
Defensive Stats:<O:p></O:p>
128 Total Tackles, 3 Sacks, 3 Tackles for Loss, 2 Fumble Recoveries, 4 Interceptions (2 INT returned for TD's)<O:p></O:p>
Offensive Stats:
209 carries for 2263 yards rushing and 33 TD's (10.8 yards per carry) (226.3 yards rushing per game)
8 catches for 244 yards receiving and 5 TD's (30.5 yards per catch) (24.4 yards receiving per game)<O:p></O:p>
1 Completion for 1 Pass Attempt for a 47 yard TD<O:p></O:p>
2507 Yards of Rushing and Receiving and 34 TD's (250.7 yards of rushing/receiving per game)
2554 Yards of Total Offense and 35 TD's (255.4 yards total offense per game)
2 Interception Returns for TD's and 1 Punt Return for a TD
41 Total Touchdowns on the year (not including the pass completion for a TD listed above)<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">TOTAL CAREER OFFENSIVE STATS â€" 44 Varsity Games (as of 10-29-09)[/B]
950 Carries for 8095 Yards Rushing and 113 TD's (8.5 yards per carry) (183.9 yards rushing per game)
44 Catches for 833 Yards Receiving and 13 TD's (18.9 yards per catch) (18.9 yards receiving per game)
7 Completions for 9 Pass Attempts for 144 yards Passing and 2 TD's
8928 Total Yards and 126 TD's Rushing &amp; Receiving (202.9 offensive yards per game)<O:p></O:p>
9072 Yards of Total Offense Rushing, Receiving, Passing (206.2 yards total offense per game)
2 KO Returns for TD's, 1 Punt Return for a TD, 2 Fumble Recoveries for TD's, and 2 Interceptions for TD's
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">*Missouri State Record[/I][/B] - 133 Total Career Touchdowns so far (not including the 2 passing TD's listed above)<O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">TOTAL CAREER DEFENSIVE STATS â€" 44 Varsity Games (as of 10-29-09)[/B]
11 Interceptions and 7 Fumble Recoveries<O:p></O:p>
Leads the team in tackles as a sophomore, junior, and senior<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>Over 400 + total career tackles
</O:p>
<O:p>'08 Jr Year Highlights (unfortunately grainy):</O:p>
<O:p>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WusgMwXXA</O:p>
<O:p>What say ye, caste masses?</O:p>
<O:p></O:p>Edited by: wickedgame

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks WickedGame, and welcome to Caste Football. It's not surprising the "afflete" loving caste propagators at Rivals, etc. haven't ranked/listed this talented young man. I supposed it's because of the 2A/3A level he plays at (that's their "justification"), but he should rightfully be a 4-5 star player & getting offers from Mizzou, Kansas, Iowa, etc. He sounds like an awesome example of a true student-athlete.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I won't comment on his skill until I watch his film, but I suspect you've found a heck of a player. With his eye popping stats, impressive all round measurements, work ethic and all round smarts, it is EVIL that Rivals buries a kid like this. His brilliant ALL ROUND resume and work ethic alone should have "recruiting" sites excited to help get this kid noticed, but it's just the opposite (they want to shut this kid out of any opportunity). I've seen Rivals hype black kids before who play 8 man football, but they bury small school white record setters like Zach Barket and this guy who play 11 man. I suspect his film, with his size/speed ratio, would have to be pretty good to put up numbers like he did.

Welcome to CF, I'm glad you decided to post after lurking around for a while!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Welcome to CF, wickedgame. I spend quite a bit of time looking across the landscape at talented HS players, especially here in Missouri/Kansas, and it's shocking how even the most mediocre "affletes" get props, while the truly eye-popping, outstanding white kids are brushed aside. For a severe example, got to the Arkansas Razorbacks thread and check out the "soopa affletic" Jatushun Beachum, who is getting a free ride with the Hogs as a TAILBACK prospect.