Sucralose

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have to ask questions about this one. I use a lot of products that contain sucralose, mainly ABB drinks. Are they dangerous? Of course I've checked the internet and other sources but maybe someone here has more information.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Ask & thou shalt receive...

New Study of Splenda Reveals Shocking Information About Potential Harmful Effects

Organic Consumers Association
February 11, 2009

James Turner, the chairman of the national consumer education group Citizens for Health, has expressed shock and outrage after reading a new report from scientists outlining the dangers of the artificial sweetener Splenda (sucralose).

In animals examined for the study, Splenda reduced the amount of good bacteria in the intestines by 50 percent, increased the pH level in the intestines, contributed to increases in body weight and affected P-glycoprotein (P-gp) levels in such a way that crucial health-related drugs could be rejected.

The P-gp effect could result in medications used in chemotherapy, AIDS treatment and treatments for heart conditions being shunted back into the intestines, rather than being absorbed by the body.

According to Turner, "The report makes it clear that the artificial sweetener Splenda and its key component sucralose pose a threat to the people who consume the product. Hundreds of consumers have complained to us about side effects from using Splenda and this study "¦ confirms that the chemicals in the little yellow package should carry a big red warning label."Â￾

http://www.infowars.com/new-study-of-splenda-reveals-shocking-information-about-potential-harmful-effects/

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

waterbed

Mentor
its bad just as sugar.You can see taking sugar in everything like coffee,thea as a drug which isn't much better then smoking cannabis for example.
Its makes your body go much quiker old.Humans are not made to eat lots of sugar, only need a bit natural from fruits.

To make things sweet you can use Stevia.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks, waterbed. I stay away from sugar because of all the unnecessary calories. The problem is so many things today use sucralose such as almost all protein shakes, energy drinks, and yogurts.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Try using Stevia. It's a natural zero calorie sweetener that was listed in Dr. Johnny Bowden's "150 Healthiest Foods." MRM is a good all natural whey protein free of hormones, pesticides, and artificial sweeteners. It lists Stevia as its primary sweetener.

DWFan

Mentor
Oh man...Sucralose was the first artificial sweetener I actually liked in some things.

rebelcart

All artificial sweeteners are dangerous:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/13/Artificial-Sweeteners-More-Dangerous-than-You-Ever-Imagined.aspx

Sugar isn't all that great for you either, but it's a whole lot better than the toxic artificial ones. But if you're going to go for sugar, make sure it is natural and not bleached. I just looked into Stevia myself and am going to order some soon. Honey is a good alternative for a lot of things. But make sure you don't overdo any sweetener. Best to avoid them as much as possible.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sucralose is in "Splenda", and is probably the most harmless sweetener.

from wikipedia:

A repeated dose study of sucralose in human subjects concluded that "there is no indication that adverse effects on human health would occur from frequent or long-term exposure to sucralose at the maximum anticipated levels of intake".[SUP][20][/SUP]

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691500000351

My doctor says aspartame kills brain cells and he thinks it will be made illegal in a few years.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks Dempsey. I've done some research myself and it looks harmless. Most of the weightlifting supplements out there sweeten with Sucralose and that includes protein powders. It helps me save a ton of calories daily. I can't drink a pre workout energy drink that contains 300 calories and then go workout.

I remember when ephedra was banned some years ago due to a few deaths. It was one of the few effective fat burners on the market today. If you have underlying heart problems or are very overweight of course you should never take something like ephedra. That's the problem, people just don't listen.

Last edited: