Spencer Stein - running back

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a 5-10, 185-pound junior (in 2011), Spencer Stein plays for Eureka in Wildwood, MO. he had a mere 86 rushing attempts in 2011, but ran for 1,183 yards ... that's an impressive 13.8 yards-per-carry average.
smiley32.gif
he also tallied 16 rushing touchdowns and 2 receiving touchdowns on the season. from his highlights below, i think he'd make an excellent back ... especially for any team that runs a zone-blocking scheme.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZyRs8VSX-c[/tube]

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Great highlights Spencer! Keep working smart and hard and I hope you have an awesome senior season. Keep us updated.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Spencer, welcome to Caste Football and keep running hard!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Good to hear from you, Spencer. I'll keep tabs on you this upcoming season as I live here in Missouri and am always looking for outstanding running backs in this fine state, which for the most part in Missouri seem to be white. Be bold, make sure that everyone who knows football has heard of Spencer Stein. Use Facebook and YouTube to the best of your ability. I want to see you playing D1 football in 2012.

Mr.football

thank you so much i cant tell you how much i appreciate playing football for a d1 college is really my dream

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Keep working hard and staying on course with your academics Spencer. Make your folks proud by staying on the "straight & narrow". Also, know the Caste Football brethren are pullin' for you.
smiley1.gif

Mr.football

I have been working really hard to try and get myself exposed as much as possible to college scouts but i was wandering if anyone had any tips on getting more exposure

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Plug your video on Youtube on other popular Youtube sports videos to get more views. Maybe make your own custom made video apart from your school/ coach made one. Then take a look via Rivals or Scout.com at FBS schools out there and find schools that had weak production from their running game last season and did NOT get any top recruits, have only one or two RBs committed- or could have room for another RB recruit.

Go to as many camps as possible to gain exposure from FBS coaches. Work on running a sub 4.5 handtimed 40- electronically it will be harder, so try to get below 4.55 or 4.6- that is a REALLY important one for attaining a schoolarship. Work on perfecting the agility drills and showing versatility as a receiving back in camps.

Understand also that some schools like Florida State/ Miami etc. don't like recruiting white prospects at certain positions like RB, just as some schools not that long ago used to not recruit black QBs no matter how talented. There are some BCS conference schools out there that won't brush off a prospect as quickly b/c of race though. Some of them are Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, Cincinatti, Rutgers and Iowa somewhat, maybe Boston College.

Some other schools I can think of are Notre Dame, SMU, Tulsa, Rice. Colorado State, BYU or Wyoming if you don't mind playing in the Mountain West. San Diego State or Boise State? Miami of Ohio or Kent State?

Try having you and some friends hit recruiting message boards as well to get your name out there to the fans of schools like the aforementioned ones and post links to your highlight videos and list the numerical times of great runs you made on the highlight, list your measurables, and what are the strengths in your game on the message boards. That's about the best I can tell you.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Spencer, I assume you utilize plyometrics for your training? I'd suggest you train (hardcore) year round & keep the diet very clean. Kettlebells can be used for explosiveness drills. Bust your tail in the weightroom and drills to add speed & power. Keep focused on your goal of landing a D-1 scholarship & don't let distractions (messin' around w/ buddies, chasin' girls, etc.) derail your pursuit of that goal.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I like the highlights in the rain against the Blue team w\several affletes the best. Very hard runner w\some speed!!