Soda....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I used to drink way too many "cokes." Down here, most folks call any soft drink a coke. I've cut way back on them and don't keep any at home anymore. I still drink them sometimes when I go out to eat. I drink sweet tea a lot and probably not quite as much water as I should, although I'm improving on that as well. Since moving back into God's country late last year, and cutting out the sweets and cokes, I've lost around 15 pounds. I'm no fan of the diet drinks or the zeros either.

Bart

Hall of Famer
lost said:
I'm not much overweight, I'm 5'10" and 218lb, but most of my weight come from year's as a pro bodybuilder, I can't get much lower than 200lb, and i'm a little scared of diet soda, i dont like nothing with "Die" in it's name!

Years as a pro bodybuilder and you're drinking 10 sugar filled sodas a day? I would be more afraid of diabetes than diet drinks.

Bart said:
lost said:
I'm not much overweight, I'm 5'10" and 218lb, but most of my weight come from year's as a pro bodybuilder, I can't get much lower than 200lb, and i'm a little scared of diet soda, i dont like nothing with "Die" in it's name!

Years as a pro bodybuilder and you're drinking 10 sugar filled sodas a day? I would be more afraid of diabetes than diet drinks.
Yea, I know! it's dumb! but, I'm not in bodyduiding any more...

Alpha Male

Mentor
Drink plain black coffee if you need a kick. Despite what people might think, coffee has a food value: it's absolutely loaded with antioxidants. It was listed in Dr. Johnny Bowden's fantastic read, "150 Healthiest Foods." A basic summary of all listed foods: You can't go wrong with meats, whole eggs, fruits, and loads of vegetables.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Edited by: Alpha Male

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Just say no to soda! One 12 oz. can of Coke contains ten teaspoons of sugar. They practically give the crap away (free super jumbo refills...soda on sale). That's how they like their canon fodder/proles, fattened up and dumbed down. And the diet sodas are even worse! They cause myriad health problems, including cancer. All of them are highly addictive. Drink plain water (not bottled water, another hustle).

ww

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just say no to soda! One 12 oz. can of Coke, or the equivalent, contains 12 teaspoons of sugar. They practically give the crap away (free super jumbo refills...soda on sale). That's how they like their canon fodder/proles, fattened up and dumbed down. And the diet sodas are even worse! They cause myriad health problems, including cancer. All of them are highly addictive. Drink plain water.

ww

I like pre workout energy drinks, especially from American Bodybuilding or Redline. Zero calories and plenty of energy.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I like pre workout energy drinks, especially from American Bodybuilding or Redline. Zero calories and plenty of energy.

If you really want a super pre-workout boost of energy from a totally natural product try taking some good raw honey. Honey is sugar, though, but some say it is very healthy for you, the unprocessed kind.