Reggie Bush

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Reggie Bush's Heisman push is well underway. I'll be very surprised if Leinhart can win it again. The sports crews were busy full time last week talking about how Bush won the game over Notre Dame, while Leinhart struggled. They even went so far as to say that USC could lose Leinhart and still win most of its games, if Reggie Bush is playing, but the reverse is not true. Without Bush, USC would be sunk.

Or say they're saying.

backrow

Hall of Famer
you gotta give Bush his due, but he is overrated right now, and Leinart is the best QB prospect in years, hopefully he can win his second straight heisman award

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If you just looked at passing numbers,I would go with Hodges,Quinn,or Keller.As we all know,the big difference is wins and losses.Bush is a good player but no one has as much of a direct affect on the game than the qb.Matt deserves to win the Heisman again assuming the Trojans can run the table undefeated.UCLA is going to be a very tough game for them in around a month.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't think it would be unfair if Bush wins, I just get the feeling its a done deal already, thats all.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember Oregon's Heisman campaign for Joey Harrington? The university even bought billboards in Times Square promoting their golden boy. Apparently neighboring Oregon State can't even do as much as send out a press release mentioning Mike Hass as a Heisman candidate.

you gotta give Bush his due, but he is overrated right now, and Leinart is the best QB prospect in years, hopefully he can win his second straight heisman award

When I was watching The Trojans play The Ducks they showed a stat about how Reggie Bush averages about a 10 yrd. gain everytime he touches the ball (carries, receptions, punt returns all included). That seems pretty high up there so I agree that Bush must be given his due.

However detractors of Leinarts performance (vs. The Irish) need to also take into account that appeared that he was playing injured towards the end there, maybe with a slight concussion. They showed him several times on the sideline kind of like holding his head.

lets not forget Matt Leinhart saved the Trojans on 4th and 8 against the Irish.Matt Leninhart is the best player in college football today.He should win the Heisman no problem if its on a level playing field.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Seems the little Bush Fellow is in Some Trouble</font></font>

Saw Mr. Bush in an ESPN interview last week. He exhibited those oh-so-familiar traits: Arrogant, uppity, earrings, surly, defensive answers with lots of poorly-used "big words", the establishment is out to get me. Reminded me of Michael Irvin.

In the Caste-NFL, Reggie will fit right in. Here's a link to the story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-bush042606&prov=yho o&type=lgns&expire=1