RB Ben Emert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Ben Emert 6'1, 220 lbs, 4.55-40, 350 lb Bench, 500 lb Squat.

A RB out of Georgia- this guy is ranked a 5.5 rating on Rivals as a RB. He has the measurables and size. His stats didn't totally stand out though: 1140 yds-5.6 YPC-18TDs. This kid also has a 3.8 GPA!

He only holds one FBS offer so far- Air Force.

caropj

Ben Emert is a powerful balanced runner. Very strong leg drive and upper body strength enable him to drive thru and carry tacklers. Emert also has exceptional hands and is a dedicated athelete. AF has offered a tailback spot for Emmert. At the major colloege level his speed is not quite a 4.55 as stated. He would be an exceptional major college fullback who will produce inside with a burst when thru the lineand outside screen yardage as he is exceptionaly balanced, soft hands and a busrt ability to break away.. He could play at any level at any programwith 20 more pounds as a fullback.

White Power

Mentor
why not a power tail back like fat ass Brandon Jacobs? Or is it because he's white go away troll.

caropj

Wow... a reply to white power...this is supposed to be a productive forum.. I am white...a republican and not racist....anda big fan of the guy.

You obviously are racist and are not dealing with a full deck.

The issue of whites in sports especially college football is a debate. Case by case not a master plan to wipe whites of the face of the earth.. Geeeezzz.

I apologize to Mr emert for mentioning his name in this "forum".

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hes just wondering why you think he is better at fullback and not halfback. Even if he runs slower than 4.55, hes probably not any worse than 4.63-4.65, which is plenty fast for a power - halfback at the college level, Knowshon Moreno ran a 4.63 and is considered one of the best runningback prospects drafted this year. Some coaches wanted Jacobs to switch positions in college but he didnt and now hes a good NFL runningback. You gave no reason for the switch to fullback except that he might not run a 4.55 as advertised and no proof that he runs slower than that.

Edited by: dwid

White Power

Mentor
Thank you Dwid for explaining my position because I am past explaining why whites are just as good at running the football if not better as blacks if given the oppurtunity to compete and play.

caropj

Emert was timed at the Nike combine at 4.8 this spring electronically and recently 4.7 at a D IA camp by coach hand held timing.

To compare his athleticism to Moreno is biased to say the least. Any objective observer who has seen Moreno can see regardless of skin color he is a elite athlete. Emert is top notch as a person, football player and academically yet not as athletic and is just not in the same level as Moreno.

Emert physically has been ahead of the curve due to his dedication and effort to be in top shape. He is a punishing straight ahead runner with a burst. He does not athletically have the vertical, horizontal or creative vison and athleticsim of a moreno.

His profile is as a fullback at the major college level. AFA offered as a tailback. Emert liked that.. at the low and mid major level that might work. Ultimatley he really would be a superior fullback at a mid or top BCS program.

He has been attending top SEC camps recently and he does feel a bias based on his skin color.
( he is timed then ignored and is the only white prospect attending) He has been invited and then ignored. These camps immeadiatley measure 40 speed and physically measurable attributes. They do not see or measure intangibles. Emert has the intangibles yet does not stack up as an elite... top moreno type athlete at tailback.

What would you do as a coach when you dont know a kid...??? They measure the stats, Look at film and look for the best athlete. There jobs are on the line...this isnt 1950 where they ignore better athletes. Or is it???

StarWars

Mentor
caropj said:
this isnt 1950 where they ignore better athletes. Or is it???

Yes it is. Actually, that is the point of this site, and why you looked like an idiot when your first post was about switching a white HB to FB. After hearing his 40 is 4.7 and actually slower than mine, I doubt he could be an elite HB too, but you never know. He has 4 years to get another .05 and deop in bodyfat %. If he has the intangibles you say he has, then why not play him at HB?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
A 4.8 electronic 40 is slow, but lets compare his 40 time to Combine participants from this year and last. This year out of 32 RBs timed only 7 ran a sub 4.55 electronic 40 at the NFL combine. 1st round picks Knowshon Moreno ran an official 4.63, Chris Wells ran a 4.59.

Day two picks: Gartrell Johnson ran a 4.75 (4th rd.), Shonn Greene 4.72 (3rd rd.), Jeremiah Johnson 4.67, Javon Ringer, Rashad Jennings, Chris Ogbonnaya and James Davis ran a 4.6 flat, Glen Coffee 4.58, Bernard Scott 4.56.

Last year Mike Hart ran a 4.67 at only 5'9 tall and was a 5th round pick. Here are other notables drafted who didn't crack 4.6: Lex Hilliard 4.68, Ryan Torain 4.64, Marcus Thomas 4.6. Brandon McAnderson of Kansas ran a 4.9 at the NFL Combine in 2008 and ran for 1,000 yards in 2007 for Kansas! In 2008 Yvenson Bernard (who was a very productive college tailback for Oregon State) ran a 4.83 at the NFL Combine.

Also we must note that "fullback" LeRon McClain ran for almost 1,000 yards for the Ravens last year and ran a 4.88 electronic 40 at the NFL Combine in 2007.
The combine electronic 40 time average for tailbacks last year was a 4.56 and this year was just above 4.6.

If Emert has the intangables, powerful legs, tailback's vision, heart etc. than why shouldn't he be considered for a college power tailback? I'm not saying, necessarily, that he will be a good tailback and I would say that his H.S stats don't really stand out, but his 40 time shouldn't automatically disqualify him from running the ball in the FBS.

In the NFL- basically any guy getting carries at tailback in the last 20 years (other than LeRon McClain) runs a sub 4.8 electronic 40, but I have shown here that that is not the case in the FBS (Yvenson Bernard etc.).