Public Taking

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't know how many of you are aware of a case that was decided by the Supreme Court this past week.

The township of New London, Ct, is seeking to 'take' ownership of the property of a group of homeowners that developers have targeted for 'economic expansion.' New London is economically depressed and wants to develop this area to increase tax revenue. The property owners will be forced to sell their homes to the development group.

The Supreme Court ruled IN FAVOR of New London, Ct, saying by majority decision that the economic benefit of new and more abundant TAX REVENUE outweighs the rights of the property owners.

If this decision doesn't chill you to the bone, I don't know what will. Armageddon maybe?

With this decision, you can expect this same type of action will be taken all over the country. Unscrupulous politicians in bed with real estate magnates will be making backroom deals to seize the private property of its citizens TO MAKE MONEY. Sure it will raise tax revenue, but it will make even MORE MONEY for the men who develop the land and own the businesses.

Its already a fact in this country that you will NEVER own land, and now you aren't secure in your home even if you DO pay your property taxes.

If you think you can own land and aren't simply renting from the County, stop paying your property taxes and see how long you "own" your land.
smiley7.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's a bad decision but the Supreme Court has abandoned the role it played for two hundred years-being a check on Big governnment. It is now merely an extension of the ruling elite with little regard for protecting any remaining rights as enumerated in the Constitution.

What is baffling about this decision is that if a locality can seize property merely in an effort to improve the local economic condition why would they not be able to just take property and sell it so they can "improve the local economy"?

The only positive thing about this is that nobody pays attention to court rulings anymore. Look at Texas disabeying the no affirmative action in college admissions. Governments do what they please, there is no check on them as long as they believe they can get re-elected.

Bart

Hall of Famer
When I heard of this decison I was curious to know who voted for or against. Of course theBolshevist left wing thieves led by Ginsburg and Breyer were on the wrong side. We are going to see more of this legal thievery taking place. Many of these big developers arereferred to as Russian businessmen... yeahsure. In my city these Russian ( yarmulke wearing) businessmen have been buying property that has somehow been re-zoned favorably for them by other folks who also eat bagels and wear those little beanies on the back of their heads. As Yaacov Smirnov would say, " America, what a country!