OG Anthony Steen Commits to Alabama

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I wanted to make you aware of this committment because Anthony is from Lee Academy in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Lee is an MPSA school, and I and others have posted about the lack of attention players from these private (almost all white) schools get from major state programs. Lee has not had a Division 1 player at any position since the 70s, its first decade of existence. Anthony was looking at Mississippi State and had offers from Florida State, Miami, and Southern Miss. Hopefully he will do well under Saban, but one never knows in caste football. Anthony is ranked as the 23rd best guard in the country by scout.com 25th by rivals.com.

486856.jpg

ANTHONYSTEENAC150.JPG

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If he is slotted for Offensive Guard at Alabama (which is probably going to be the case), it's possible that he will be fighting with "mostly" Whites for a starting spot.

Of the 3 White OL that Alabama secured in the '08 Class, 2 of them might be slotted for the interior positions (Center or Guard).

If Anthony was slotted for OT at Alabama, which is unlikely, I would be more concerned about the Caste System kicking in.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, I agree with you but I'll never discount the Caste System at any position, especially with someone like Nick Saban as coach. I hope Anthony can start. I saw him play once a couple of years back, but used to go to a lot of Lee games and know that some great college talent was ignored.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm interested in seeing Alabama's starting line-up on August 30th.

I agree with what you say about Saban. I think Alabama will start an all-black defense just like their opponent Clemson. I will have to see Bobby Greenwood as the actual starter before I believe it. Alabama has tons of black DL and they might get "restless" if they aren't catered to.

We'll certainly know more about Alabama's O-Line situation after seeing their first game.

Good news about this game is that one of these black defenses are going to lose.

Reporter asks coach: "Why did you lose?"

Caste Coach says: "Uhhh, we just weren't black enough. We'll field an all-black offense next time."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer