National Signing Day 2007

whiteCB

Master
white tornado said:
George Carpenter, Bobby Carpenter the line backer from Ohio nstates brother.

Don't forget about the middle Carpenter bother, John, who is a OLB for the Cincinnati Bearcats. Those Carpenter's have some great genetics.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Steve B, great post. One thing of note though. I am a Rutgers fan and my cousins from Jersey send me articles on Rutgers football from the "Star Ledger" paper. A recent article reiterated an earlier article I had mentioned before on this forum. It stated about Joe Martinek: "Jersey's Alltime leading rusher expected to play defensive back." Let's just hope they let him play CB and not safety. I would post the article if I had a scanner. I tried to search for it on the web but you have to subscribe to the "Star Ledger" site to get the archives.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Joe Martinek is a RB
smiley7.gif
not a Defensive back!
smiley18.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Vanderbilt (my favorite SEC team) on the list anywhere. So I decided to see who they recruited this year. While doing my research, I noticed that former All-SEC Offensive Tackle Brian Stamper has been granted an extra year of eligibility because of a back injury that required him to sit out last year. This is good news to me. Now for the recruits. Overall, they had 14 signees on February 7. 8 blacks and 6 whites. The whites are:

DL T.J. Greenstone
DL Rob Ashabranner
TE Austin Monahan
TE Tim Fugger
LB John Stokes
RB Ryan Van Rensburg 6-1 220

So, I guess Steve can add Ryan to the list of players on the first page of this thread. At least there was 1 more SEC team willing to give a white player a chance at a "black" position. I hope he ends up running the ball for them, but considering the unconsensual turning of Jared Hawkins this past season, I'm not going to hold my breath.

White Mike

Guru
I've been talking to Dan Dierkinng RB out of Purdue about his times, 4.46 40 benches around 375. Suprisingly he wasn't invited to Sparq Combine. 3800 yds and 61 tds in his last 2 years. I've been sending him info about this site for the last couple of months, he told me he talked to Coach Tiller and they plan on keeping him at RB.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
White Mike said:
I've been talking to Dan Dierkinng RB out of Purdue about his times, 4.46 40 benches around 375. Suprisingly he wasn't invited to Sparq Combine. 3800 yds and 61 tds in his last 2 years. I've been sending him info about this site for the last couple of months, he told me he talked to Coach Tiller and they plan on keeping him at RB.
smiley32.gif

So does Dierking then know now that some coaches out there will switch a white guy from RB to another position just cause he's not black. Because I'm tellin you some idiots just are totally ignorant about this issue and refuse to acknowledge its existence. So I hope Dan realizes the incredible odds that are stacked aganist him . Also is Tiller FOR SURE not moving Dan to FB or defense because these college coaches are worst then politicians when it comes to telling lies.

JonCurtis

Colby Arceneaux went to John Curtis High, he has a handfull of state championship rings and one word Ballhawk. A little undersized for safety and a lil slow for corner but with a little strength and conditioning should work out fine at either Saftey or Cornerback. On a side note he went to Ole Miss because the head coach Ed Ba ba Orgeron went to our local high school South Lafourche and won a couple state titles with the Cajun Cannon Bobby Hebert. South Lafourche being where Colby is originally from.

Colby Arceneaux Highlight Video

JonCurtis

Miami, OH
- Fitzgerald Bobo,WR, 6-4, 190, 4.55

Black......Mixed..but claims black.

San Jose St
- Chris Assily, S, 6-1, 215

.......SamoanEdited by: JonCurtis