Morten Dalgaard Madsen

scopey

He is a sixteen year old Danish 100m/200m sprinter. P.B's 10.87/22.12 60m=7.04

I can't find any videos of his races, but found this

[video=youtube;IG3dsBeXmcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG3dsBeXmcI[/video]

Here is a complete list of his times
http://statletik.dk/profil.php?id=5913&sex=m

I'm not sure where he stands in relation to Lemaitre at 16 but looks promising nonetheless.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the board. I never heard of this kid but I see he is the Dutch National Record Holder over both distances. To give you a comparisson, Christophe ran a wind legal time of 10.26 by the age of 18 years of age. Morten is quite talented but he will have a long ways to go to come close to that within the next 2 years. I hope he can. I would love to see another blonde bullet out there. I saw in the interview that he goes to a boarding school and only can train 3 times a week. Hopefully that will change in the near future with his talent and the potential to take it to another level.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
quoting young Mr. Madsen: "I dream to be the next Christophe LeMaitre."

it has begun, gentlemen. :thumb:

welcome to Caste Football, scopey. i hope you come to enjoy it here.

albinosprint

Mentor
quoting young Mr. Madsen: "I dream to be the next Christophe LeMaitre."

it has begun, gentlemen. :thumb:

Love it!

welcome scopey

on the plus side LeMaitre ran 10.56 when he was 17. with the right training & mental attitude this kid should be able to take .2 off by 17.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Morten is still chasing his dream. He looked great today running a wind legal 10.38 to make it to the next round. Congrats to the youngster.

Yoshihide Kiryu took third with a pedestrian time of 10.38 though it was into a negative wind. Thomas Sommers of Great Britain runs tonight in the 200 meters. I can't believe this kid already has a time of 20.38. Thats impressive considering his age.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thomas Somers is the real deal. For him to run that fast facing pressure in Oregon shows alot. At 17, he is faster that most of the senior sprinters we root for over 200 meters. Other than Lemaitre, the cupboards are pretty bare once you get sub 20.40 or faster. I have a strong feeling that Somers wins the gold tonight. A top 3 finish would be nice but I see him bringing home the gold!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Morten making a name for himself. Danish Athletics is on the rise!

There are growing pains in the very short distances in the Danish athletics in recent years.

First bread Kristoffer Hari through the media wall - not to be confused with the sound barrier - becoming the fastest 15-year-old Europeans ever. His time of 10.37 was also the second fastest in the world for vintage - ever.

See also: Danish teenage comet enables European 100-meter record

Now, the 19-year-old sprinter Morten Dalgaard Madsen is ready to help.

At the Junior World Championships in Oregon in the United States put Dalgaard Madsen night to Friday Danish junior record in the 200 meters when he ran in 21.06. The Jutland sprinter cut thus 1/10 second of the junior record, as the now 17-year-old Hari sat last year.

- Thus, he now ranked respectively. 4 and 6 of the two distances of all time, surpassed only by sprinters Zealand clubs, and thus he can now, with some justification call himself the fastest Jutlander ever, writes Danish Athletic Federation said in a statement.

Madsen was the third fastest European in the World Cup semi-finals. It handed except for the finals.

There may be a new record on the road as early as next weekend (August 2 to 3.) When Hari and Dalgaard Madsen meet for direct grilling on the 100 meter at DM in Odense. Dalgaard Madsen places at the same event also up to 200 switch.

See also: Shelves Danish sprint comet: Rough diamond

The Danish record of 100 yards, set by Morten Jensen, sounds at 10.29, while the record of 200 yards sounds of 20.52, set by Jens Smedegaard.

The records are hardly to stand the next five years if the young men avoid injuries and other astray.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
7543701-zdhzdgh.jpg

53 years after Erik Madsen's Danish Championship in the 100 meters set grandchild, Morten Dalgaard Madsen, 19, at the Danish sprinter throne.

78-year-old Erik Madsen is not only the grandfather of the new comet, but with Hans Henrik Aackmann super speech's coach in Skive AM.

- It's been some great days. Morten has the talent to be the best when it comes to, say, a happy Erik Madsen.

The old master was with Morten Dalgaard Madsen at the Junior World Championships in Eugene, USA, a week ago, and he was among the spectators at the National Championship at Odense Athletic Stadium.

In Eugene ran future name 10.38, while DM-gold was secured in 0.5 meters per second headwind in 10.80 with a margin of 21/100 to the Spartan Mike Kalisz.

For over half a century ago ran Erik Madsen on the excellent hand stopped time 10.5, and with a degree in physical education, he has been an accomplished teacher of the grandchild. Not least on the mental level.

- It is interesting to follow Morten. My trainer colleague Hans Henrik, who has built up Morten, predicts that Morten will one day run during 10.0. But I dare not speak, says a smiling Erik Madsen.

Only one European, Frenchman Christophe Lemaitre (9.92), has been running under ten blank, so there is something to aim for.

Unfortunately, you can not DM-duel between disc-athlete and last year's Danish champion, Kristoffer Hari, 16, which concentrates on the Youth Olympic Games and 12 August trips to China.

Morten Dalgaard Madsen, who after the summer to be up in 3 g of Viborg Cathedral School, is the fourth teenager in a row to win the championship in the royal discipline 100 meters.

- The head wind and jet lag (came home from the U.S. on Tuesday, Ed.) Was against me. It was not today, I had to chase down a toptid, he says.

- It was all about the location, and I reached my goal.

Last edited: