Mike Dunleavy

guest301

Hall of Famer
Has anybody noticed the resurgence of Mike Dunleavy with the Pacers? With Jermaine ONeal's injury problems Dunleavy has surfaced as the new star for the Pacers and is putting up career high numbers. He had 30 points the other night and has had several 20-25 points games in this still young season. I am excited for him and sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.

Angelcynn

Guru
I havent been able to see the Pacers this season yet but have noticed Dunleavy is much improved and has been the Pacers top scorer in a few games so far. He gets a lot of unfair stick which he doesn't deserve.

white tornado

Mentor
yeah I noticed he's realy playing good.

G

The Pacers are playing Foster, Dunleavy, Murphy, and Diener on a regular basis.

guest301

Hall of Famer
If I had to live in a big city again, Indianapolis would be one of my choices. One of the few I would consider.

Mike had career-high 36 vs. Knicks last night, including 12 straight to
break open what had been a tie in the third quarter.

Maybe Magic Johnson's long-ago prediction will come to pass, and
Dunleavy will be an all-star.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Maybe so, I always thought he had the talent to be a star. It's good he dropped 36 on the Knicks with the New York media watching. Maybe he will get a little more notice and even acclaim now.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hows diener doing?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Has anybody noticed the resurgence of Mike Dunleavy with the Pacers? With Jermaine ONeal's injury problems Dunleavy has surfaced as the new star for the Pacers and is putting up career high numbers. He had 30 points the other night and has had several 20-25 points games in this still young season. I am excited for him and sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.

Admittedly, I haven't really followed the NBA for a long time until this season. Several great white players along with the guys here on CF have helped me regain some interest. With that said, while watching some NBA this evening I noticed Mike Dunleavy scored 18 points in the first half and will probably finish with only 24.

I do remember when Dunleavy left Duke early to go into the NBA, I really thought he could be a Larry Bird type, not as big or tough, but a great shooter, good passer and rebounder and very athletic, possibly at the very least a Grant Hill type, but it has never materialized that way for him.

He was always capable of some break-through 30-plus point nights, but then seemingly disappear for a while. I just never really understood why he didn't ever fulfill, for me anyway, his potential. One guess for me anyways, was maybe being the son of an NBA coach, he may have been a little spoiled and or just not hungry enough to perform night in and night out.

Anyone here who knows more about basketball than me have any thoughts on Mike Dunleavy's career?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
My feeling about Dunleavy - and I never followed him closely - was that he had talent, but wasn't aggressive or determined enough. His game seemed a little bit passive to me.
That's just my impression, and again, I never really followed him.
A bit like Brent Barry. Very talented, but happy to be a role player....