Merril Hodge just trashed Aaron Rodgers

I am watching the NFL draft special on ESPN and one of the NFL analysts Merrill Hodge just absolutely trashed Aaron Rodgers on t.v.

He would not stop bashing him calling him too mechanical and that he cracks under pressure and he is a poor passer.Mike golic came to his defense and they went at it for a bit.First of all Merrill Hodge must be the dumbest NFL analyst out there well one of the dumbest.Aaron Rodgers scorched one of the best defenses in collegeagainst USC.he completed 23 straight passes and set a record in that game.He is a very accurate passer and USC had pressure nonstop against Aaron Rodgers and he did very well.Merrill Hodge should just keep his big mouth shut and I lost all the respect in the world for him.

Oh and why is it that no one is talking about Matt Jones?This guy is lightning quick and he is far more talented than Michael Vick.I couldnt beleive how quick he is.Then the idiots are talking about making him a wr or TE? give me a break.He should play quarterback and scorch defenses with his speed and quickness. REMEMBER SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

You would figure he would be one of us since he was never allowed any serious time as a featured back in the nfl despite obvious talent and production when given the opportunity.If matt jones were black with those freakish numbers in the combine, we would be hearing about nothing else.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, Hoge was the Steelers' featured back from '88 to '91, the last white to be a team's main back for any length of time. I was watching that show and Hoge was brutal toward Rodgers. He said at one point that he would be a "franchise destroyer" for any team that took him in the first round.

What's interesting is that shortly after that several of the analysts were bashing OLB Derrick Johnson of Texas, noting how he won't tackle, that he hits guys but never wraps them and trys to bring them down. One of them even called him the "Deion Sanders" of linebackers, a very derogatory comment in the sense it was used. They also noted how many ball carriers can get past him easily. But -- they still all agreed he would and should be a high first round draft pick, because of his "great athleticism."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Talk about a bunch of two-faced, yellow, pansies! They suck up to the Caste System so hard you can hear it. All I've got to say is Deo Vindice!

G

"Hoge Was the Steelers featured back from 88 to 91" Don I had forgotten that and I didn't think it was that long.I do beleive jesse lumsden is about to change that;if for no other reason than it has to change sometime and he definitely has the talent and nfl workout proven speed and agility at his workout in arizona in front of alot of scouts and gm's. I can't wait and will root for him no matter what team he plays for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's more accurate to say that Hoge was the Steelers main running back rather than their featured back as he shared carries with other backs, in particular Tim Worley, who was Pittsburgh's first round draft pick in '89 but who turned out to be a bust. Hoge never gained a thousand yards in a season. He had between 165 and 203 rushes from '88 to '91, with a low of 610 rushing yards and a high of 772. He's best remembered for back to back huge games in the '89 playoffs against Houston and Denver.

JD074

Master
Part of it is his personality- or maybe persona would be the
better word. He totally trashed Mike Williams as well. He's
probably trying for an "in your face" Jim Rome type persona. I
don't always agree with those guys, but it is nice to see a few
blunt, even mean white men in the media, since most are
nauseating little pansies that you just want to punch in the face.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point, JD074, by the way, who's that in your avatar?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He was trashing a lot of guys
smiley5.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Hoge is attempting to become one of the many lame, wanna-be comedians
that ESPN employs. That "in your face" style is in reality a black
style of "journalism" that has been forced upon us by the illiterate
likes of Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Stuart Scott and Stephen A.
Smith, among others. It is just another indication of how far our
culture has sunk in Don King's America. Hoge is like other white
ex-players who were not really given a fair opportunity under the Caste
System. He should be the first to speak out about the neglected white
players who are frozen out of playing skill positions in the NFL, but
he is too busy working a black "twang" into his speech so that he can
sound as ignorant as the black announcers when he' s busy praising
various unworthy black players.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When Hoge played for the Steelers and after he left theNFL after getting a severe concussionafter signing with theBears in '94, he was totally different than he is now. He had a cuddly bear type personality, and stuttered and stammered quite a bit. Now he is almost frighteningly articulate, with a very aggressive almost nasty demeanor about him. Quite a transition.

Redman

aragorn777 said:
"Hoge Was the Steelers featured back from 88 to 91"
Don I had forgotten that and I didn't think it was that long.I do
beleive jesse lumsden is about to change that;if for no other reason
than it has to change sometime and he definitely has the talent and nfl
workout proven speed and agility at his workout in arizona in front of
alot of scouts and gm's. I can't wait and will root for him no matter
what team he plays for.
There si no way, I wish it would
happen, but he's not going to make it exept may be in NFL E (Europe)
but I hear he got signed by Seattle so may be he has a chance behind
that fumbling machine (and "look at me" to athelete) Shawn Alexander so
who knows? But her eally has the the talent, IMO to make it at
"the next leval". (4.4 in the 40!!! which if you know is fast I only ran 4.75 when I palyed, but I could hit though)

Edited by: Redman