Linebackers and...

G

Not sure on that, but it is a bit of a dissapointment since he was a high draft choice. Honestly all I ever see in his playmaking is in dragging down someone from behind or in on a gang tackle.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
wile said:
Not sure on that, but it is a bit of a dissapointment since he was a high draft choice. Honestly all I ever see in his playmaking is in dragging down someone from behind or in on a gang tackle.

Ya i was excited when the Pack chose Hawk in the draft a couple of years ago, but to be honest he has been nothing more than an average LB. Some guys just dont live up to the hype
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Aaron Kampman played a dozen snaps as a rush end with his hand down in Week 6 against the Lions.

"I loved it," he said. "Obviously." Kampman, whose main position is outside linebacker in Green Bay's 3-4 defense, had a season-best game with one sack and five quarterback hits. Kampman will not switch positions full time, however, because he is not big enough to be an every-down 3-4 end.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A. J. Hawk's role has dwindled to the point that he played just 9 snaps in Week 6 against the Lions. Considering that Green Bay has no problem playing white linebackers, he has to be considered close to a bust now in his fourth season. It's hard to figure how someone with his speed, athleticism and love of the game has failed to make more of an impact.

On the bright side, Clay Matthews continues to get better and better and has replaced Brady Poppinga as the starting ROLB.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
A.J. is still listed on the Packers website as the starting left inside 'backer. Hopefully he'll have a more typical game next. Speaking of the Packers site, there is a real nice feature article on Brett Swain right on the front page. It doesn't use typical "white guy" euphimisms, like "gritty", and "hard working", it actually is very complimentary. I'll bet he won't drop half as many (any) passes as the first 3 affletes do.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From Rotoworld: The Packers have ruled out OLBs Aaron Kampman (concussion) and Brady Poppinga (knee) for Week 10. This is poor timing for Green Bay to be minus its top two strong-side outside linebackers, with red-hot Tony Romo coming to town. Rookie Brad Jones, who's only played on special teams this season, will be forced into action. Upgrade the matchups for both Dallas' running and passing games.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I didn't realize how many tackles Clay Matthews had... he now has 47 tackles to go with all of his sacks!

A White athlete that can do it all..