Kendall Boyd (RB, Class of 2011)

Johnsonville

***Boyd is a member of the Class 2012. Typo in the title of the post***

I'm going to mention this kid when I talk about the top 10 white players in Arkansas but he deserves his own thread.

Russellville RB Kendall Bond

5-11, 200
40: 4.45 (verified at Rivals combine)
Shuttle: 4.18 (verified at Rivals combine)
Bench: 355 (verified at state weightlifting competition)
Power Clean: 285 (verified at state weightlifting competition)
Vertical: 35 inches (verified at Rivals combine)

Kendal Bond may be the most overlooked player in the entire state of arkansas. The senior starts at running back for Russellville and plays in a pass happy offense which has produced several college quarterbacks over the past decade.

Bond, however, was able to make an impact for a team that went 1-9, rushing for 138 yards and a touchdown against Little Rock Central and 120 yards and three touchdowns against Morrilton. He had over 950 yards of rushing last season in only ten games.

Russellville head coach had the usual coach speak when discussing white running backs, saying “Bond is physical. He’s not going to juke you, he’ll run right through you.”

I’ve seen Bond play once, against Fayetteville, and he “juked” people and got to the edge on more than one occasion. Even against all those “afaletes” Fayetteville has on defense.

If a black "afalete" had the size and measurables of Bond, he'd have numerous scholarship offers by now. Bond has none.

Last edited: