How do they get THIS OBESE?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
192898.jpg

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-A.C.-Patterson-91518;_ylt=AuKw3r.mp92X8lK7QN4iX_VHPZB4

(He verbaled to UTEP, but it's disgusting to see that he had offers from Montana and Portland State.
smiley21.gif
)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-D.J.-Reader-115590

(I hope he chooses Clemson.. because he wouldn't make them any better!)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marlon-Brown-110753;_ylt=Ao2vUOb.DlTcCtRT7.ZMkHZHPZB4

(Is this the best that Dallas Skyline can get? Where are the streamlined bruthas?)

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Addarious-Willis-108231

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-La'Donte-Gibson-119163;_ylt=AtHqLT0w2qRE3zB6e97XZaRHPZB4

Hormones in the food?... but then again, believe it or not, many Whites in my neck of the woods are in good shape... I don't see many 300-pound White men, much less 330+ pound White men.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
How does it happen? Easy. Most young people lead a very sedentary lifestyle and they eat way too much food. Couple that with coaches telling them from 6th grade on that they need to put on more weight, and you've got a bunch of morbidly obese high school players sucking air with their hands on their hips during the first series of plays.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Forty years ago these boys would be mocked and called"Fat Albert," after Bill Cosby's famous routine, and regarded as anything but athletic. Now they're highly recruited football players."Bigger, faster, stronger," what a load of lard. Fatter, slower,lazier is more like it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I actually take issue more with these sumos on the defensive and offensive lines than with the skill positions. How many black defensive tackles or offensive linemen are actually in good shape? Very few for sure. Blacks must be superhuman if they are this out of shape and can outplay white players at the positions. What's next, 300lb running backs?

Highlander

Mentor
I remember watching a documentary on IFC about Woody Hayes from 1974 and he was boasting about having the "biggest offensive line I've ever had" (up to that year), averaging 265lbs per lineman, and I'm guessing they had only a little fat.

Also, several years ago, I watched a documentary from 1975 on the making of the movie "Jaws". There were several scenes showing all of the extras and scenes of many other people just walking around the boardwalk and other open areas by the beaches and almost all of them looked anorexic compared to people in America today.

It was at about this time that the American woman became fully "liberated" from all of the "oppressive" responsibilities and duties that she had to "endure" for many millennia, including family-centered tasks such as making good, wholesome, home-cooked meals for her husband and children. Fast food joints started to slowly crop-up in more and more places as a substitute food source as the now career-empowered American woman was simply too busy with her new Corporate responsibilities and duties to even bother with it anymore, if she even remembered or learned how to do it in the first place.

As the years passed, giant-sized SUV's replaced Station-Wagons to help accommodate their now Super-Sized asses as there was now a fast-food joint on every corner. Going to the grocery store now became a burdensome task as it would involve getting out of the giant-sized SUV and actually walking into the store and around the isles to find the kid's favorite brand of Doritos, hot dogs, and soda, and, eventually, walking back to the giant-sized SUV and climbing back in...such an energy-sapping task after working all day at the office. Getting to the couch and not missing a minute of American Idol, The Bachelor, or CSI sounds so much better....priorities, priorities. So, just take the damn kids to McD's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, or whatever and get them some fries to go along with their mystery meat sandwich and then head right home and to the couch.

There's more to it, but that helps explain some of the "how"...at least for White people.

For blacks, it's much easier to explain...just eventually drive away all of the good grocery stores from where you live by shoplifting, looting, robbing, and soiling them so that the profit margins are just too small and the insurance premiums are just too high to keep them there. Then, when you become hungry, your only alternative is to go the local convenience store or McDonald's or Taco Bell to satisfy it over and over and over again.

white is right

Hall of Famer
As a little boy I remember when the gas station had small aisles for snacks and had free water coolers. Really fast food was meant for people traveling for long halls. Now it's the reverse gas stations have wall to wall snack foods and everybody buys fast food for lunch and younger adults and youth don't eat at home and when they do it's just as likely to be tv dinner type meals. I was lucky that both my parents were immigrants who understand nutrition and the junk that is sold at virtually all fast food places. My father is from another era he used to go to a fruit stand and buy a banana if he forgot his lunch when he went to work so that he could avoid McDonalds and other fast food.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I wached a program a while back about high school football and obesity. They had some 400lb black kid who was told by his coach to gain weight and eventually he ballooned up to 400lbs. The black kid kept saying how his life is now ruined and he can't lose the weight.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

white is right

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I wached a program a while back about high school football and obesity.  They had some 400lb black kid who was told by his coach to gain weight and eventually he ballooned up to 400lbs.  The black kid kept saying how his life is now ruined and he can't lose the weight.  
Expanding your stomach is brutal. I know from the NFL many of the lard asses eventually get cut from just this problem. Who can forget Gilbert Brown's visit to celebrity rehab....
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"Who can forget Gilbert Brown's visit to celebrity rehab...."

What happened? I checked out that show (various seasons of it) once in a while. I couldn't stand the one with vile beast, Dennis Rodman, Heidi Fleiss (YUCK!) and the meth-head actor, Tom Sizemore, and he had a black "girlfriend" that showed up... I guess that's what happens when you get involved in drugs. They should have a gas chamber on the show.
smiley2.gif

My favorite sumo of the 2010 class, another "big" South Floridian: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jose-Jose-73753

48757.jpg

With all that blubbery cushion, he still couldn't handle the cold...(he decommitted)

It could have been a disastrous
smiley36.gif
weekend for Tennessee's recruitment of South Florida standout Jose Jose. A verbal commitment to the Vols since spring, Jose finally made his official visit to Knoxville during the weekend. What he found upon landing were freezing temperatures, a snow-covered ground and his long-time recruiter, Eddie Gran, on his way out the door.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1025492&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I couldn't find him in any College Football Player database, but I figure that he's most likely a greyshirt rather than a non-qualifier. Here's info from a page that is overwhelmingly filled with "supa-affletes"... The info is near the bottom of the page: http://www.sbnation.com/2010/2/2/1288291/signing-day-2010-college-football-recruiting

Update: OG Jose Jose De-Commits From USF, Commits To UCF

First of all, Jose Jose is a real name, and--with all due respect to Munchie Legeaux--a clear front-runner for "Best Name of the Day." But second, look above. That would have to be the most confusing headline of all time, no?

To unpack it for you, 3-star South Florida commitment Jose Jose has changed course, and will instead play for George O'Leary at Central Florida. That according to St. Petersburg beat writer Greg Auman, who reported the following on Twitter:

Switcheroo: Miami Central lineman Jose Jose -- wearing a USF cap just an hour earlier -- has signed with Central Florida, his coach says.

So, great get for Central Florida. Just a flat out phenomenal name right there.

(Lot's of DUMB names are on the page.) At the bottom of the page, however, there are ridiculous comments:

Those are your top ten lists. A foundation from which all of tomorrow's hysteria will spring. And don't mock them as obsessed high school football junkies throwing darts at the wall randomly. (yeah, at black faces only...) On the whole, recruiting services, while not exact, do make reasonably accurate general predictions about players' ability to thrive not only in college, but also in the NFL. They don't get all those subscription dollars for nothing, you know.

There are guys that get "force-fed" into the NFL, of course, but you mention "thrive"..? Not very many do! Black linemen and DBs are being TOTALLY EXPOSED, not many competent black LBs either. And "receivers" that can't catch...