Dereck Hammann

T

TimDwight28

Hello posters. I am new to this site and was a big Tim Dwight fan back in the day. There is a small rb out of my old home state, Iowa that has a senior rb named Derek Hammann. I believe he is listed as an athlete from the Rivals website but I coant find him on Scout or ESPN. Some of hishighlights are just draw dropping. Hes got terrific speed as well. Do you think he is not being recruited because he plays for a small school or because he is Caucasian ? Thanks.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the site, TimDwight28! We discovered Derek a few months ago and started a thread on him here.

As for why he is not being recruited, it's his skin condition. Being from a small school is normally not an impediment to a talented black RB being recruited or ranked by the "services". As has been documented here many times, scouts and coached actively "overlook" white HS talent at caste positions. They will literally turn their back on a white player when visiting a school to recruit their black talent.

T

TimDwight28

Thanks white athlete. To be honest I am a diehard Hawkeye fan and I will root for them to the end but if they keep recruiting overrated players with less then dersirable cahracter attributes I will probably stop watching. I hope Hammann goes to Iowa. I was a big Brandon Wegher fan and its been rumored he left the program for making some real bad social decisions. They might just be rumors. As far as Hammann goes I see a good number of Caucasian rbs that should be getting serious attention. Brian Regan from NJ, Salem from Alabama, Grove, Hayden Jones ( maybe a wr ) Oneal from Florida, Nick English from Georgia among a few. I thnk you guys have mentioned Joe Riddle and Some Crossan guy along with Travis Elliot have already been offered.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
T

TimDwight28

Thanks for the info FootballDad. I was originally from Iowa where the percentage of blacks is smaller than many states yet they make up 70 % of the inmates in Iowa prisons for violent crimes. I dont want to make any enemies on this site but I was raised in a liberal household and yet if you look at the statistics with a blind eye blacks and hispanics are just violent by nature. Of course they are not all bad but there is more to criminal behavior than just poverty. I dont know. All I can honestly say is I dont think the black population in this country is ever going to right itself. All I see are more murders an rapes and eventually 200 years from now this country is going to implode. Thank god I wont be alive to see it.