Chris Kaman

KG2422

Mentor
I thought Chris Kaman earned his own thread tonight. He racked up 24 points, 23 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 blocks in the Clippers victory over the Timberwolves.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Blonde Bomber does it again.lol.What a game!Those are Kirelenko type numbers.Keep it up Chris.

guest301

Hall of Famer
23 rebounds! Wow
smiley32.gif
some of those good west coast players go unnoticed like Troy Murphy and Kaman unless your Kobe by the east coast media because the games are so late in finishing. I stayed up plenty a night on the east coast watching Gonzaga games that didn't end till 100am.

Kaman deserves extra props for not trying to fit into the "Black Urban Basketball Culture" stereotype that many White American athletes fall into.

He deserves serious All-Star consideration next season if he keeps up his numbers. But of course with Yao and the internet Chinese vote, that will be hard to come by.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I think every high profile white athlete should grow his hair out like AJ. It distinguishes the fact that they are white athletes. I watched some collegiate track meet earlier today on ESPN and some white guy with long hair way past his shoulder blades won the 800 meters with two black guys trailing from behind. I wish I could remember his name.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Kaman is one of the most underrated players, due to the fact that Elton Brand is the star of the team and that the team happens to be the Los Angeles Clippers who get no respect playing in the same city as the Lakers.. I love this guy and he's a great player. I wish you'd hear more of him, because he's a double-double almost every night.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's actually the second time this season he's accomplished the incredibly rare feat of a 20-20 game. he's a very gifted ball player.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Has anybody noticed that after Shaq retires most of the best centers in the NBA will be white. Igauskas, Kaman ,Bogut, Kirstic and does Okur count as a center since he alternates between power forward and center. Anyways, whatever happened to the black center!
smiley2.gif
Most of the rest seem to be just journey men.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Most of the great black centers were really power forwards disguised as centers. It's hard to find coordinated 7 footers that play in the paint. I remember the acid dropper(Walton) would always say he was really 6' 11" that might be the reason why...
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i watched most of the Clippers-Suns game last night, where Steve Nash just killed L.A.

anyway, although he struggled with his shot, Kaman did get good recognition from the announcers in the game (Mike Tirico and Tom Tolbert i think). they dropped a nugget that was impressive about the big blondie.

Only two teams in the NBA get better production out of their starting center than Clippers do with Kaman. those two? Yao and Shaq. pretty impressive.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
While they may produce more, Kaman doesn't is more durable and doesn't sit out as many games as Yao or Shaq...

Hard staying awake durin' the Rockets-Lakers last night.. The only time I even noticed the Staples Center was awake was when they boo'ed Howard.. but watching I was reminded of the decent career Kaman has had.
A decade of averaging double-digits PPG, an All-Star season in 2010. I remember the most Kaman minutes when he first came into the league with the Clippers, but 11 years in and he's still at 10 points a games, and close to 6 rebounds for the Lakers, not bad.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kamanch01.html

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but Kaman's also spoken publicly & candidly about the misdiagnosis of ADHD, and the unfair drugging of young kids. I admire the guy for it.