Ben Emert

White Power

Mentor
White power running back committed to wake forest hopefully to replace the soon to be graduating Kevin Harris. I like this move Emert can move the pile and make defenses miss. He can also take it the distance. At 6ft 1in 220 lbs he has 4.55 speed in the 40 all together a very well put together young man.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, I already started a thread on this young man: Ben Emert

It doesn't hurt to have another one though, as the first kind of died out. He actually is pretty comparable to Kevin Harris, Brandon Minor, Charles Scott or Anthony Dixon ie. a large powerful back who's light on his feet with burst and some moves. This guy is not quite in the same league as Gerhart, Hillis, Beanie Wells, Marion Barber or Brandon Jacobs though.

BTW, I'm hoping Kevin Harris tries to get another year of eligibility, as he had a pulled groin make him miss more than half the season this year. Emert will probably have to wait for Josh Adams to start stinking it up again like last year (this year he's playing solid) to get significant time. However, I'm hoping that he makes a name for himself at Wake! Good luck to him!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting that you posted on that original thread, White Power. You actually got into it with a troll. You know, it doesn't take very long to find high school threads as there are only 14 pages of threads, unlike the NFL forum. Of course, there's always the advanced search function.
smiley2.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's probably a bit early to start comparing Emert to guys like Kevin Harris, Brandon Minor, Charles Scott and Anthony Dixon (who've had nice FBS careers) until he proves himself on the college level, but this guy has some impressive tools for a powerback. His H.S junior stats didn't look very impressive compared to his film though, but if he got a Wake Forest offer I'm guessing he improved them as a senior. We'll have to wait and see what this guy brings at the next level!