Austin Ebertowski

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good spot, White Power.

i did a little digging, and he is a White kid.

austinebertowski.jpg

this year (junior),Ebertowski won the 4A Iowa StateChampionship in the 100 meters and was the runner-up in the 200. he took third place in the 100as a sophomore. i don't know his personal best in the 100, but i know he's run an electronic 10.85, which is really moving.
smiley32.gif

on the gridiron, in his first-ever varsity start (as a sophomore) when he was filling in for the injured starter, Ebertowski rushed for 451 yards. that's in one game, people.
smiley3.gif

rumor has it that he's had some off the field issues (including a run-in with the law), but those same rumors say that he's grown up a lot. so let's hope he's gotten his act together and doesn't let his talent go to his head.

he seems to be more of a straight-line speed guy who likes to lower the boom rather than try to make guys miss, so it wouldn't surprise me if he moves to safetyat the next level.in fact, if he doesn't play tailback in college i think he might be the second coming of Tyler Sash.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAFm0kG7Hs[/tube]

phil3333

Jimmy Chitwood said:
good spot, White Power.
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>i did a little digging, and he is a White kid. </div>
<div></div>
<div>
austinebertowski.jpg
</div>
<div></div>
<div>this year (junior),Ebertowski won the 4A Iowa StateChampionship in the 100 meters and was the runner-up in the 200. he took third place in the 100as a sophomore. i don't know his personal best in the 100, but i know he's run an electronic 10.85, which is really moving.
smiley32.gif
</div>
<div></div>
<div>on the gridiron, in his first-ever varsity start (as a sophomore) when he was filling in for the injured starter, Ebertowski rushed for 451 yards. that's in one game, people.
smiley3.gif
</div>
<div></div>
<div>rumor has it that he's had some off the field issues (including a run-in with the law), but those same rumors say that he's grown up a lot. so let's hope he's gotten his act together and doesn't let his talent go to his head.</div>
<div></div>
<div>he seems to be more of a straight-line speed guy who likes to lower the boom rather than try to make guys miss, so it wouldn't surprise me if he moves to safetyat the next level.in fact, if he doesn't play tailback in college i think he might be the second coming of Tyler Sash.</div>
<div></div>
<div>[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAFm0kG7Hs[/tube]</div>
hope he staight'ns up,speed translates well to the football field he needs to stay at rb

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jimmy C I respectfully disagree with your assessment of him becoming a safety! This kid clearly has break away speed at the H.S. Varsity level and his only 16 or 17 years old. I would think he would only get faster and stronger in the next two years not to mentioned acquiring evasive skills.

Your analysis sorta sounds like the college scouts and a certain former USC coach who "thought" Toby Gerhart would make a better linebacker, instead of his desired position. Toby Gerhart should have won the Heisman as you well know. Just my opinion.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Jimmy C I respectfully disagree with your assessment of him becoming a safety! This kid clearly has break away speed at the H.S. Varsity level and his only 16 or 17 years old. I would think he would only get faster and stronger in the next two years not to mentioned acquiring evasive skills.

Your analysis sorta sounds like the college scouts and a certain former USC coach who "thought" Toby Gerhart would make a better linebacker, instead of his desired position. Toby Gerhart should have won the Heisman as you well know. Just my opinion.

no worries, Westside. hopefully Ebertowski will prove you right.

that being said, we both know that straight-line speed doesn't necessarily make a good tailback. i stand by my analysis, but it wouldn't bother me at all to be wrong.

Riddlewire

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
that being said, we both know that straight-line speed doesn't necessarily make a good tailback.
How about 10.3 speed?

-At 6'0" 205lbs.

-With 2,079 yards to lead the state in rushing, and 39TDs.

Updated highlight video.

USC, Ohio State, Texas, and Florida should be in a race to see who can sign him the fastest.
Instead, he has committed to Northern Iowa.

College football is a criminal enterprise. It needs to be destroyed.

phil3333

the recruiting or lack of it for this kid is why there is a web site like this,if this kid was black every d1 team<div>in the country would be knocking down his door to get him,i mean come on 10.3 speed at 200lbs in high school the upside for him is off the chart</div>

Riddlewire said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
that being said, we both know that straight-line speed doesn't necessarily make a good tailback.
How about 10.3 speed?

-At 6'0" 205lbs.

-With 2,079 yards to lead the state in rushing, and 39TDs.

Updated highlight video.

USC, Ohio State, Texas, and Florida should be in a race to see who can sign him the fastest.
Instead, he has committed to Northern Iowa.

College football is a criminal enterprise. It needs to be destroyed.

Riddlewire, trust me, I understand your frustration. There is a lot of corruption in college football especially when it comes to recruiting, but why say it needs to be destroyed? Why throw the baby out with the bath water?

When we look at Austin Ebertowski we can't just throw up our hands and say "the system is screwed, someone like Austin will never get a shot."

Sam McGuffie, Joe Martinek, Tyler Gaffney, Dan Dierking, Robbie Frey, Mike Trumpy, Rex Burkhead, Brandon Wegher, all got a shot to be RBs at D1 FBS BCS conference schools. Cam McDaniel is going to Notre Dame, who has their own BCS tie-in, and there's a couple other high school guys that will also get to be RBs at BCS schools next year.

To me this makes me wonder what those players, their parents, and coaches did differently than someone like Austin. There has to be an answer to this. I know with McDaniel he went to all sorts of different camps. While he didn't get offers from some of the schools, eventually he did from Notre Dame.

As much as we want to lash out at the system, and think it's desirable if it all went away, I feel it's much more productive to figure out what can we do to improve the situation. It's getting easier and cheaper every day to make videos, also what's stopping us from reaching out to high school players and trying to promote them? Every one of us has some unique talent that we can help bring down the caste system little by little. For Don, it was making this site as a consortium where people can learn about the CS and plot to bring it down. For others, it's writing informative articles to help convince DWFs, for Dwid it's making highlight videos of college players.

I usually stick to making comments after articles, youtube videos, etc. This doesn't take much effort at all. I also like to hype the white players at sports bars, at games, etc. When I see someone with their team shirt on, I compliment one of their white players, almost universally to the fan's approval.

For a white high school player, we can adopt an "astroturf" approach where we bombard message boards of schools like USC, Miami, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Florida etc and stimulate hype for white high school athletes as if we were fans of those schools!

The best part of all these approaches is they cannot fail or backfire. There's zero chance that our efforts will someone cause the players to be reduced in their ranking.

We can really use a grassroots approach to help bring down the caste system. Technology is our friend in this case. If 100 members of CF zone in one a select HS athlete, and awaken 5 people to the athlete, that's 500 people involved with that school that now know. Eventually that can trickle to the coaches, and who knows maybe it will lead to them playing for that school!

To me there is only one choice, it's the one that has a chance to make a difference!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
How about 10.3 speed?

-At 6'0" 205lbs.

even if that was hand-timed, that is FLYING.especially for such a big kid. once the kid hits a seam, he is gone.

withthat size, speed, and productivity, the factthat he wasn't a highly-sought recruit, regardless of what position one might project him to at the next level, is yet another blatant example of the Caste System.

just to toot my own horn a little bit, reading the above-linked articlesupports what my initial thoughts were on this talented young man ...
smiley9.gif
smiley4.gif

the article said:
"He's been very raw,"Â￾ Lynx coach Justin Kammrad said. "And he's been able to get away with being the fastest kid around. He has a long way to go, but he definitely has upside."Â￾

"I've always liked defense,"Â￾ said Ebertowski, who has been a running back since age 10. "I really like to just lay the wood to somebody."Â￾
vision is possibly the least-possible attribute to improve, and he doesn't have great vision. but his breakaway speed and love of contact certainly make him an interesting prospect. Chris Johnson, the speedster for the Titans doesn't have great vision, either, but just look at what his speed has allowed him to do. i see a lot of similarities between the two ... except for the skin color obstacle, of course.

by the way, good find on the new information, Riddlewire. you are the research king!
smiley32.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, at this time of the year, commitments are verbals, the hard on-paper commitment doesn't happen until, what, March? I would much rather him "change his mind" during the next couple of months and go D1. With his speed, even if he commits as a safety, a smart coach will figure all sorts of ways to get him on the field. Returning kicks, even playing WR and backfield plays. After all, Devin Hester was originally a CB.

FootballDad said:
Of course, at this time of the year, commitments are verbals, the hard on-paper commitment doesn't happen until, what, March?  I would much rather him "change his mind" during the next couple of months and go D1.  With his speed, even if he commits as a safety, a smart coach will figure all sorts of ways to get him on the field.  Returning kicks, even playing WR and backfield plays.  After all, Devin Hester was originally a CB.

Let's figure out ways to promote this kid and build up interest at big D1 FBS schools!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
FootballDad said:
Of course, at this time of the year, commitments are verbals, the hard on-paper commitment doesn't happen until, what, March? I would much rather him "change his mind" during the next couple of months and go D1. With his speed, even if he commits as a safety, a smart coach will figure all sorts of ways to get him on the field. Returning kicks, even playing WR and backfield plays. After all, Devin Hester was originally a CB.

Let's figure out ways to promote this kid and build up interest at big D1 FBS schools!

Appreciate the optimism. One thing we can do is spread around his highlight tape on different message boards.