A Crack in the Caste?

G

I was checking out draftdaddy.com and it looks like next years draft class will alot more whites in the secondary that will be draftable prospects. WRs also have a decent amount of whites and the man Brian Leonard is coming out next year and we all hope he is the man to break down the stranglehold blacks have onthe RB position.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/bestJun.cfm

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they have him listed as a Fullback which means he would only block on the next level.Also,Dan Burks who is another white running back was put in with the fullbacks.This is the same old thing we see every year.I won't be suprised if Kyle Bell is mysteriously moved to a fullback when he goes pro in two years.They just don't want a white guy running the football!
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, to be honest Leonard was listed on several draft sites as runningback and was rated pretty high, he's either number 1 fullback or at very least top 8 halfback

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Hm.. I only glanced through, but I didn't see Zbikowski on this list.. he's not considered one of the best 15-20 or so Safeties who will prolly be coming out? He's a FREAK athletically which means if he was black and never played a down of football he'd still be drafted... but Zbikowski is super fast and super tough. He has to make the NFL, no?

ocaamikedm11,

Zbikowski is a tremendous athlete but I think his biggest problem may be a perceived lack of desire. If you watch him play a whole game, you can't help but notice that he moves like a tornado and hits like a truck...when he wants to. During a lot of plays, he's kinda, sorta around the ball-carrier but not really involved in the play.

Notre Dame's defensive secondary was, on the whole, pretty crappy last season. Zbikowski had a great year but, in my opinion, he should have picked up more of the slack.

To answer your question: Yes, he will play in the NFL -- he's a prototypical, caste-approved "special teams demon"!

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Yeah, I figured on his athletic ability alone he should make it.. because it's all about "potential." If motivation is truly his downfall, I hope he fixes this next season because he can be a tremendous player in the future.