2006 Northwestern Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Did you know Northwestern is a private institution? Neither did I, until today. Well, here are the projected white starters for 2006.

Offense
QB-There is a 3 way battle for the starting spot among 3 white players, Sophomore C.J. Bacher, Redshirt Freshman Andrew Brewer, and Redshirt Freshman Mike Kafka
LT-Dylan Thiry
LG-Joe Tripodi
C-Trevor Rees
RG-Ryan Keenan
RT-Austin Matthews

Defense
RCB-Eric Peterman
SS-Brian Heinz
FS-Brendon Smith
MLB-Adam Kadela
DT-John Gill
DT-Adam Hahn
DE-Kevin Mims

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Did you know Northwestern is a private institution? Neither did I, until today. Well, here are the projected white starters for 2006.

Northwestern is one expensive school. It's kind of like the Stanford of the midwest with their prestigious academics there. Also I can't believe the Wildcats don't have a white WR starting as they alot of times sneek one in their. For the Big Ten this will be the first white CB since caste favorite Dustin Fox. Another note on Fox they are finally listing him as a CB on the Vikings team website and brag about his 43 inch vertical.
smiley2.gif

sunshine

Mentor
One name is missing. Jeff Backes a speedster CB. Bad news on him. Had to retire due to injuries.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sunshine, Yes, I remember Jeff from a post by Kevin last year. Since he wasn't listed as a possible starter then or now, I didn't list him. Actually, I think the injuries happened last year, at least from what I know about it. If you have any more info, please let us know.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
to the best of my knowledge, Jeff has given up football because of the aforementioned injuries and is currently in med school.

whiteCB

Master
Jeff Backes was named Ohio's 2000 Mr. Football after a stellar career at suburban Columbus's Upper Arlington H.S. and won the state championship that year as well. He was just a great RB, kind of like the white Barry Sanders. However, we all know he wouldn't get the chance to play that spot at the next level so he moved to CB. Bad nagging back injuries forced Backes to retire from football after his junior year.

Gary

Mentor
Very sad to hear that Head Coach Randy Walker passed away today. Northwestern had a really bad football program until Gary Barnett and Randy Walker made them respectable. To all my White Brothers young and old-Take care of your HEART!!