2006 Navy Midshipmen

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are Navy's white projected starters for the upcoming season. No kudos to Navy's website again for having as little info on these guys as possible. If these numbers hold up, this is a shift for this program to more blacks.

Offense
FB-Adam Ballard
LT-Matt Pritchett
LG-Zach Gallion
C-James Rossi
RT-Joe Person

Defense-I think this is all of them
RE-John Chan
OLB-David Mahoney
ILB-Rob Caldwell
ILB-Clint Sovie
OLB-Tyler Tidwell

Gary

Mentor
I am very disappointed with Navy-if Army has more White players I'll cheer for them this year.

white tornado

Mentor
I think you missed some players.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
white tornado, I realize I may have missed some because the Navy website is always very incomplete as far as rosters and pics go. I also do google searches for these projected starters and was not able to identify any more. If you know of any more for certain, please share them with us.

white tornado

Mentor
John Chan is asian and I think the other d-lineman are white.
Buy the way great job on the reports sorry if I sounded rude in any way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks guys! I'm in Southeast Asia right now on the road, in the air, and on the water a lot, so I won't be able to provide any team info for a while. As soon as I can though, I'll be adding more. One note on the service academies and the west coast schools. I usually include Asians/Polynesians if it looks like they are pretty much non-black. I have noted this on a few posts, but failed to include that for Navy and maybe Army as well. Take care and please, feel free to add info on your favorite teams, as doing all 117 programs is an impossibility for me this summer. I think we can do it if we pitch in though. We ended up with about 90 teams last year.

white tornado

Mentor
What part of south east asia are you in.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White tornado: All over the area, literally. By the time I leave, I will have been in all the region's countries except Indonesia. It is really cool, and I will share some of my experiences here, as well as things I have learned that relate to this site when I get back. Thanks for asking.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Navy, led by "fullback" Adam Ballard,is ranked 30th going into the '06 season by one preview magazine. They don't have nearly as many whites starting as we would have thought, but having Ballard alone is reason enough to hope they have a big year.

[url]http://navysports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/070806aa a.html[/url]Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Adam Ballard had 26 carries for 122 yards, to lead both teams in the game against Stanford!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Adam Ballard had 16 runs for 87 yards today. This is a good player who could really open eyes if he got more carries.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Only 3 carries today, but Adam managed 88 yards out of them. Way to capitalize!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Adam Ballard is having a great day. With 13 minutes to go, he has 24 carries for 117 yards!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ballard ended up with 27 carries and 137 yards! Way to go.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<DIV =firstP>Former Navy QB Lamar Owens Jr. expelled
<DIV =firstP>AP
<DIV =firstP>Posted 2 days ago
<DIV =firstP>
<DIV =firstP>ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - The Navy expelled the former quarterback at the U.S. Naval Academy who was cleared of rape last summer but found guilty of lesser offenses, a move his attorney called "profoundly unfair" on Friday.

Navy Secretary Donald C. Winter called Lamar Owens Jr.'s conduct "unsatisfactory" and ordered the 23-year-old to reimburse the school $90,797.75.

The Navy said it waived a third of his education expenses in Annapolis "in recognition of his noteworthy professional conduct during the time he served as a midshipman following his anticipated graduation date."

Owens had been scheduled to graduate last spring.

His attorney, Reid Weingarten, said he was "surprised that the Navy accepts the hideous double standard this case created - Lamar's accuser and her friends were serial violators of academy rules and are sailing without punishment to their graduations."

While not offering details about an appeal, Weingarten added: "We will continue to seek justice in this case."

A military jury acquitted Owens in July of raping a female midshipman in her room at the academy in early 2006. But the jury of five Naval officers convicted him on charges of conduct unbecoming an officer and disobeying a lawful order. Jurors had recommended no punishment.

Owens told a military jury during his court martial that the sex was consensual. His defense team attacked the woman's account of the incident, saying she was drunk and her memory of the incident was fuzzy.

Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Adm. Rodney Rempt, who recommended Owens' dismissal in February, said it had been a tough issue for everyone associated with the academy.

"Any allegation of sexual harassment, misconduct or assault is a sad event - sad for the midshipmen involved, sad for their families, and sad for the Brigade," he said.

The Navy's decision to discharge Owens on Thursday was made two days after a military jury sentenced another midshipman and former football player, Kenny Ray Morrison, to two years in prison for sexually assaulting a fellow student in a Washington hotel last year.