Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nathan cleverly

Caste Football Hall of Famer Carcharias's Avatar
    On Saturday, Nathan Cleverly will have the opportunity to establish himself as a top light heavyweight contender.

Both he and the Iraqi Karo Murat are undefeated up-and-comers.

Caste Football Master
    From Fightnews

In a final WBO light heavyweight eliminator, Nathan Cleverly (20-0, 10 KOs) won by controversial tenth round TKO against Karo Murat (22-1, 13 KOs). Cleverly had the upper hand in a grueling slugfest when referee Mark Nelson surprisingly stopped the contest at the start of round ten. Cleverly is now mandatory challenger for WBO champion Jürgen Brähmer.

Caste Football Master
    From Fightnews

In a clash for the vacant WBO interim light heavyweight championship, unbeaten Nathan Cleverly (21-0, 10 KOs) won a lackluster twelve round unanimous decison over late sub Nadjib Mohammedi (23-2, 12 KOs) on Saturday night at the Liverpool Echo Arena in Liverpool, England. Cleverly pressed the action early. Mohammadi picked up the pace in rounds six and seven. Cleverly was deducted a point in round seven for holding and got the "You're blowing it son," lecture from trainer Dean Powell in his corner after the round. Close rounds after that. Scores were 115-112, 116-111, 115-113.

Cleverly is scheduled to take on the winner of Brahmer-vs-Shumenov.

Caste Football Hall of Famer
    That will be for two belts.

Still would rather see him fight Cloud, however.

On Saturday, May 21 Nathan Cleverly will fight Jürgen Brähmer for the WBO light heavyweight title.

This will be a very difficult fight for Nathan. Brähmer is an experienced, strong, durable fighter.

I don't like Brähmer, because he behaves like a negro. He's repeatedly been charged for beating up women and other criminal activity going back to the late 1990s.

Nathan Cleverly in contrast seems like an intelligent, decent guy who deserves the best.

I hope Cleverly wins as he is undefeated and very young.
    Read what \"they\" don\'t want you to read!

http://www.thebirdman.org/

Listen to what \"they\" don\'t want you to listen to!

http://thewhitenetwork.com/

The fight will be on EPIX in the U.S. I think it is free on their website if you sign up. I got a 3-month trial from that Vitali fight in March so should be able to just sign in.

Caste Football Master
    Braehmer-Cleverly off

WBO light heavyweight champion Juergen Braehmer will not be able to defend his title against interim titlist Nathan Cleverly on Saturday in London after a cut suffered in training reopened on Tuesday. Braehmer will not be traveling to London today as scheduled.

Cleverly is still planning to fight a late substitute on Saturday night. Promoter Frank Warren is seeking to have the WBO strip Braehmer of the belt and have Cleverly elevated to full championship status.

This is the third straight fight Braehmer has pulled out of. First he pulled out of a July 2010 defense against Alejandro Lakatus in Schwein, Germany, citing a back injury. Then in January he pulled out of a title unification clash with WBA champ Beibut Shumenov in Kazakhstan after allegedly falling ill.

I'm very disappointed, I was looking forward seeing Braemer-Cleverly. I can always find a good stream for Sky events.

Third time in a row Brahmer has pulled out of a fight. He may be white but they should strip him of his belt and allow Cleverly to fight the next highest contender.

Braehmer officially stripped of title by the WBO; Cleverly the new champion

The World Boxing Organisation has confirmed that Juergen Braehmer has been stripped of his light-heavyweight belt and that Nathan Cleverly is their new champion.

"There was an emergency board meeting last night to discuss the Braehmer situation and it was decided that he should be stripped of his title," the WBO's European chairman Istvan Kovac told news agency Reuters earlier today.

"We had an email from Braehmer a few days ago saying he had a cut but this is the third time he has pulled out of a title defence at short notice.

"He has had some personal problems in the past and I hope he can come back and fight again.

"But Nathan Cleverly is now the world champion and rightfully so because none of this was his fault."
    Cleverly will now be fighting Tony Bellew on Saturday.

Good. Cleverly is the future star at 175.

Caste Football Master
    Feisty Press Conference

Is Bellew White? I know there's a thread on him here at Castefootball but he looks possibly Mullato...at least to me.

I think Bellew is white, but he could be mixed with something else.

He's not especially good though, so I fully expect Cleverly to win.

Bellew will not be able to fight because he couldn't lose the weight quickly enough.

It will be Cleverly vs. Kuziemski for the WBO title on Saturday.

Caste Football Hall of Famer whiteathlete33's Avatar
    I guess it's better that Cleverly is now champ. He's younger and hungrier than Braehmer.

Caste Football Newbie
    Cleverly is a smart guy who graduated last year from university with a degree in mathmatics.Their wont be too many guys in boxing smarter and he's a great prospect to boot.Reminds me of Calzaghe,sounds like him too.

Caste Football Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Devils
    Feisty Press Conference

Is Bellew White? I know there's a thread on him here at Castefootball but he looks possibly Mullato...at least to me.
    Tremendous press conference.

As a boxing fan I am a sucker for prefight talk and a good weigh-in, press conference brawl. I know its unprofessional but it always gets me more excited for a fight (lol)!

Unfortunately Bellew was unable to meet the BBBofC medical requirements, and has been replaced with 2004 Polish Olympian Aleksy Kuziemski.

Kuziemski is a safety-first fighter with very little punching power. Cleverly should win this one comfortably.
    Edited by: BoxingFanUK

Streams:

stream1

stream2

And this is the EPIX stream here:

stream3Edited by: Parody

Clev making his way to the ring.