Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
Lomo should handle him unless Lomo is starting to age out.
I tend to agree Loma should be too dynamic for the tough ethnic Greek Australian but aging could play a factor in the fight result as Loma is ancient for a lightweight and undersized too even if the head to head face off with Kambosos both fighters appear to be eye to eye the Australian will gain a full division by fight time and Loma will probably gain half that, https://fightnews.com/lomachenko-kambosos-make-weight/161596

PS the biggest news of the week are the plans of the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. He appears to have cleared a path for Crawford to make a run to Alvarez if he beat Madrimov and has plans to stage Fury vs Joshua in 25'. https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/40093719/turki-alalshikh-big-plans-canelo-crawford-fury

NikoDuke

Mentor
I may be in the minority but, my desire to watch a Fury v Joshua match has dwindled. A few years ago I would've been interested but, too much time has passed and I would like the torch to get passed from Fury..

Arerequired

Mentor
I thought since Kambo has a hard head Loma would need to outpoint him for 12 rounds, guess he could just got to the body instead. :wink:

Booth

Mentor
Lomo looked like his young self last night. He put on a boxing class. Also, Imam Khataev looked good last night, Lots of light-heavyweights in Russia.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I thought since Kambo has a hard head Loma would need to outpoint him for 12 rounds, guess he could just got to the body instead. :wink:
Yes I thought this was a distance fight the whole way considering Lopez couldn't finish Kambosos when he stunned him. It was a smart decision by Kambosos' father to stop the fight as he would have either had to run for the 12th round or have been stopped in the 12th if he stood his ground and traded. Loma looked like a reasonable copy of his prime. Also Loma has a path to three of the belts as Top Rank promoted fighters will have these belts and the announcing team mentioned that the winner of the Top Rank side could have Tank Davis as a prize waiting for them.

Two problems for Loma are he will be pushing 40 when he and Tank could step in the ring and the boxing business could sabotage him in a tight fight with Tank similar to the Haney fight. I hope Saudi benefactors step in and make the fight happen sooner than the normal marinating date...

PS Jason Moloney lost a tight split decision to a game Mestizo Mexican national and announced his retirement to reporters but seemed to walk back that statement after cooling off. I didn't closely watch the fight but it appeared to be a tight fight but in this instance "the tie" didn't go to the hometown fighter.

Finally Lucas Browne announced his retirement after being blown out in a round by a non descript Polynesian opponent. He said he would retire to his gym to train Aussie prospects.

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
Ukrainians starting to come up in boxing yet again

Oleksander Usyk with 4 belts
Serhii Bohachuk with the WBC Interim Super Welter
Now Loma with both the IBF and IBO World

7 belts in total overall
Yeah and hopefully Denys Berinchyk wins next week for the WBO title vs Navarette, and there's Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Benavidez- he can cause an upset there.

Logos5

Guru
Yeah and hopefully Denys Berinchyk wins next week for the WBO title vs Navarette,
I think Denys should be able to win that, Navarette is kind of weak especially after his draw with Conceicao
and there's Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Benavidez- he can cause an upset there.
I think Oleksander has this, Caleb was able to win against Benavidez for the first few rounds and I think Gvozdyk is better