Kansas City Chiefs General Thread

white is right

Hall of Famer
Teams only relocate now if city and state governments don't give in to owner demands and don't force the taxpayers cough up the money directly or indirectly for new facilities. Arrowhead Stadium is ancient by NFL standards but Kansas City and Missouri will undoubtedly be given time to submit to what ownership wants before the threat to move becomes substantial.

Oakland wouldn't build a new stadium and so lost the Raiders and shortly the A's. Same with Arizona and the Coyotes relocating to Utah. The Pittsburgh Penguins came very close to moving to Kansas City's new arena (still unused by the NBA and NHL) after new stadiums were built for the Steelers and Pirates, before a new arena was finally built for them.

It's very difficult to imagine Kansas City without the Chiefs, but the Browns left Cleveland, and the Colts left Baltimore due to owner greed. It's highly unlikely but not impossible down the road.
Oakland is a city in major disarray and the city rightly wouldn't fund a white elephant stadium for a team that is only loyal to their brand. Oakland is in such a freefall that fast food restaurants are closing up and the city is having hiring issues with law enforcement officers as nobody wants to work a city that is fast devolving into Detroit West Coast...

KC is in a whole different economic climate than Oakland which was always the dreg of San Francisco but now that San Francisco is on the decline Oakland is in a free fall.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Oakland is a city in major disarray and the city rightly wouldn't fund a white elephant stadium for a team that is only loyal to their brand. Oakland is in such a freefall that fast food restaurants are closing up and the city is having hiring issues with law enforcement officers as nobody wants to work a city that is fast devolving into Detroit West Coast...

KC is in a whole different economic climate than Oakland which was always the dreg of San Francisco but now that San Francisco is on the decline Oakland is in a free fall.
Yeah, the Chiefs will at some point work a deal with the county and city for something to be done at the Truman Sports Complex. What weighed down the last sales tax vote wasn't the Chiefs' demands but the Royals' downtown ballpark proposal. It's a major wedge issue here and it was extremely poorly sold.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
There are probably many threads that I could post this, but here is just fine. Harrison Butker has taken quite a bit of flak for his speech at St Benedictine College commencement, but he's right on pretty much 100% of it. Worth a watch:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
There are probably many threads that I could post this, but here is just fine. Harrison Butker has taken quite a bit of flak for his speech at St Benedictine College commencement, but he's right on pretty much 100% of it. Worth a watch:

A great deal of this is focused on Catholicism, after all, it's for a Catholic college, but his societal commentary is right on.

Teams only relocate now if city and state governments don't give in to owner demands and don't force the taxpayers to cough up the money directly or indirectly for new facilities. Arrowhead Stadium is ancient by NFL standards but Kansas City and Missouri will undoubtedly be given time to submit to what ownership wants before the threat to move becomes substantial.

Oakland wouldn't build a new stadium and so lost the Raiders and shortly the A's. Same with Arizona and the Coyotes relocating to Utah. The Pittsburgh Penguins came very close to moving to Kansas City's new arena (still unused by the NBA and NHL) after new stadiums were built for the Steelers and Pirates, before a new arena was finally built for them.

It's very difficult to imagine Kansas City without the Chiefs, but the Browns left Cleveland, and the Colts left Baltimore due to owner greed. It's highly unlikely but not impossible down the road.

There is at least one thing I've learned in my lifetime about American businessmen and politicians. They will make any decision (or not make a decision) according to how much money they will make, even a relatively small amount.

Thus the perennial threats to move a franchise unless there is a "New Stadium."

NikoDuke

Mentor
It would seem KC city management has employed a Sumo family member to run their socials..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-211054.png
    Screenshot_20240516-211054.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 14

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Butker is pissing off all the right people. Good for him! He speaks the truth while the West falls.
Right! He does seem to be getting support from the Hunt family. Gracie Hunt has praised Butker. We'll see if it continues.
Meanwhile, Butker jersey sales have risen to among the most in the NFL outpacing QB Mahomes', however, still trails Travis Kelce's.
Kelce a supporter of BLM and vaccines.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'd say the best scenario is for one of Steele or Rees-Zammit to see decent playing time. Starter Pacheco runs very hard and is fun to watch, but it wouldn't be surprising if he gets injured given the high injury rate of RBs.

After him is first round bust Edwards-Helaire, who could have signed with any team as a FA but was seemingly unwanted and ended up back with the Chiefs. And then there's several dime a dozen run of the mill Black RBs as deep backups, the kind that every NFL team has rather than ever giving White RBs an opportunity. So there's a chance, not much of one but a chance, that either Steele or Rees-Zammit could play a role this season. Both? That's for dreamers given how the NFL operates.
Color me the optimist here, I could see both of them making the team and making an impact. The Chiefs have a chance to build a dynasty, and having quality white players is the best way to do so as the New England Patriots demonstrated.

Andy Reed has a chance to build upon his legacy as an all-time great coach. I think he knows what he needs to do.

At least this would be my best case scenario.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I am also optimistic that Rees-Zammit will stick with the chiefs. If not on merit, then because his presence will assist in garnering further attention in Europe which the NFL sees as a key market.

"Kelce a supporter of BLM and vaccines."------------------And also Bud Light and Uncrustables. I didn't know what Uncrustables were until this guy mentioned them. They suck. Lol.