Henrik Larsson 10.08 & 20.44

sprintstar

Mentor
thats is a very good improvement, now lets hope he can do as well or better next outing. If he stays injury free and confident he could go sub 10 before Paris.

mastermulti

Master
That ties Geir Moen's personal best from 1996.
I loved watching Geir Moen run although I didn't see him often (not much youtube then).
He was 6'3" (190cms), 200m was his pet event and his PB 20.17 was a very good time going back into the mid 1990s - virtually just double his 100 best time
He is Norwegian however, not Swedish

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
I was implying Scandinavian. I have been to that part of the world. Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, they are all the same people. They even understand each other. Their languages are really just dialects. Coby Hilton was 2nd in that race in 10.15 with Romell Glave (a black guy from Britain with a PB of 10.02) coming in third in 10.19. I see Larsson obliterating the real Scandinavian best for 100 meters this year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It became a Swedish record for 100 meters directly in the season premiere by IF Göta's Henrik Larsson. The Götas sprinter lowered his own record by five hundredths to 10.08 at a competition in Austria. "In the final I focused on pushing all the way to the finish and then it was 10.08," says Henrik.

Last year, Henrik Larsson lowered the Swedish record for 100 metres, which had stood since 1996. First to 10.17 and then to 10.13 during the SM in Söderhamn. Henrik, who was fifth at the indoor WC last winter at 60 meters, began his outdoor season on Sunday by setting another Swedish record.

At the Horst Mandl Memorial in Graz, Austria, Henrik took home the victory in a time of 10.08 (+0.3), lowering his own Swedish record by five hundredths.

- It felt good, I had 10.17 in the trials where for some reason I didn't push all the way to the finish even though I got a better start than in the final. In the final I focused on pushing all the way to the finish and then it was 10.08, says Henrik Larsson, who was surprised that it went so quickly.

- I had a very good training camp in Portugal, but after we got home, the body felt a little off. It's actually only today that I've pressed, so it was a bit unexpected that it went so quickly. Now there will be the Nordic Championships next weekend and then the Bauhaus Gala before the EC in Rome.

See all results from the Horst Mandl Memorial here.

henrik-larsson-8969.jpg