Fury vs Usyk, the Big One...

Truthman

Guru
Usyk is a genius and a true great of the sport. Complete legend and master of boxing. Phenomenal fighter

Truthman

Guru
I can't get over this Usyk guy. I am inspired. He keeps doing the impossible.
Same. He's a special fighter and a special man, outside the ring he's a class act.

Just when you thought Fury’s physicality was gonna take over, Usyk made the adjustments and turned it up another notch. Usyk always finds that extra gear and willpower, when he needs it most. It highlights his greatness. He's one of the greatest of all time.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Same. He's a special fighter and a special man, outside the ring he's a class act.

Just when you thought Fury’s physicality was gonna take over, Usyk made the adjustments and turned it up another notch. Usyk always finds that extra gear and willpower, when he needs it most. It highlights his greatness. He's one of the greatest of all time.
Usyk is the GOAT small heavyweight by modern heavyweight dimensions. Holyfield beat a journeyman for the title and aside from the rematch with Bowe used to willingly trade with larger stronger opponents recklessly in his first reign as champion. Ali who was the same size as Usyk never had to navigate opponents with the size of Joshua(twice) and Fury, he was always the larger man in height and reach and was only smaller girth wise than Foreman.

Regarding Fury he needs less cooks in the kitchen as when he was stunned in the 9th round and staggered back to his corner he heard three voices in the one minute rest period, that's way too many views for a fighter who might have still had his brain rattled.

Also Sugar Hill might not be able to get him over the Usyk hump as he never changes his tenor in a fight maybe if he had a Emmanuel Steward type he would have attacked Usyk more after he rattled him in the 6th round. At the minimum he needs to jettison his volatile pops who was a distraction when Fury needed tranquility in the last week leading up to the fight.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Ha ha I knew Fury would claim he won the fight. Not with a ninth round like that buddy.
I'm a Fury fan over the years.. As well as Usyk. Usyk deserved that TKO in the ninth and the Gypsy deserved some humble pie.

JohnHarper

Freedom1 stated:

“Usyk said before the fight, "I will not leave you alone tomorrow." No one knew what he was talking about. Now we know. He was up in Fury's face the whole fight.”

I came in here to say this. I picked Fury to win and knew that this would be a “styles make matches” type of fight. Fury looked good when he was able to set up and fight his pace, but Usyk’s footwork and ability to keep Fury moving backwards made the difference here, imo. My hat is off to Usyk as I didn’t think he’d be able to find a home for that left like he did with AJ (cause Tyson’s longer) and would tire out pushing the pace. I was wrong on both accounts. I look forward to the rematch.