2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NikoDuke

Mentor
The second round of the playoffs have began and they have been infinitely more exciting than the 1st round.

Great matchups which highlight the 3 best defenseman in the league: Adam Fox, Quinn Hughes, and Cale Makar. All super skilled and very mobile.

NYR v CAR
FL v BOS
EDM v VAN
DAL v COL

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Panthers really took it to the Bruins in Game 2 tonight at home after losing the first game. They won 6-1 and it was even more lopsided than the score. Boston may have tired legs after going right back to playing after winning Game 7 against the Leafs, but they'll need to collect themselves quickly. This game had lots of bad blood, including a gloves off fight at center ice between David Pastrnak and Matthew Tkachuk, two of the superstars in the league. Game 3 in Boston should be can't miss hockey.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The Panthers really took it to the Bruins in Game 2 tonight at home after losing the first game. They won 6-1 and it was even more lopsided than the score. Boston may have tired legs after going right back to playing after winning Game 7 against the Leafs, but they'll need to collect themselves quickly. This game had lots of bad blood, including a gloves off fight at center ice between David Pastrnak and Matthew Tkachuk, two of the superstars in the league. Game 3 in Boston should be can't miss hockey.
The panthers had double the shot attempts and double the shots on goal. They also won the physical battle and got in Boston’s head a bit at the end.

I like our chances in this series a lot. Boston is a tough team, but I think we can take em out. And Tkachuk is the rat king!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
cats come from behind to take a 3-1 series lead against Boston. Barkov’s goal to win it was a thing of beauty.

No doubt Boston fans will whine but they were outshot 2-1 and outhit as well. You aren’t going to beat the Panthers in a series if they outshoot you and outhit you like they have.

The idea that so many Boston fans are going home angry tonight fills me with joy

SneakyQuick

Mentor
And the Carolina hurricanes stunned the Madison Square garden crowd with a stunning 4 goal third period to come from behind and win 4-1 on the rangers.

Rangers still lead the series 3-2 but it switches back to Carolina now.

These playoffs have been amazing

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Rangers have to be worried given the way Carolina came at them in the third period. And now the Panthers have reason to be concerned as the Bruins win Game 5 in Florida.

The Oilers are currently trying not to fall behind 3 games to 1 to Vancouver. I didn't realize how weak their bottom six are, and their defense is prone to making costly mistakes. I could be wrong as I didn't see a lot of the Oilers during the season, but it seems like just about every time I see a costly Edmonton defensive gaffe, Darnell Nurse is the main perp or co-perp.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The Rangers have to be worried given the way Carolina came at them in the third period. And now the Panthers have reason to be concerned as the Bruins win Game 5 in Florida.

The Oilers are currently trying not to fall behind 3 games to 1 to Vancouver. I didn't realize how weak their bottom six are, and their defense is prone to making costly mistakes. I could be wrong as I didn't see a lot of the Oilers during the season, but it seems like just about every time I see a costly Edmonton defensive gaffe, Darnell Nurse is the main perp or co-perp.
Darnell nurse is way overpaid, no idea why…..

NikoDuke

Mentor
Nurse is grossly overpaid but, it's not because he's Black. It's because he's big and fights. Hockey GM's who usually have an IQ of 90 love that stuff and is a key reason why there are so many bad contracts in the NHL which lead to buyouts.. Ironically, Nurse and his D partner Ceci have been one of the worst pairings all playoffs and their underlying analytics stink.

Interestingly, both Darnell Nurse and Codi Cece father's were football players ( CFL ).

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carolina entered the third period up 3-1 in Game 6 but Chris Kreider scored a natural hat trick and the Rangers scored an empty netter to clinch it and put away the Hurricanes. Kreider has always been an under the radar player despite being a prolific and clutch goal scorer, and the Rangers had an advantage in goalies as Igor Shesterkin is world class, otherwise it was two very talented and closely matched teams. I had hoped Carolina would tie up the series at home tonight, but after losing the first three games it was too much to ask for.